Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Disney Frozen Elsa Toddler Doll £18.24 @ Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭aisling86

its out of stock at that price :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I was in DisneyWorld in Florida this Summer and they had a temporary Frozen shop and my word they could not keep the shelves stocked, they were being snapped up straight away and the place was printing money, went in a few times over different days and same story always...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is this the toy that's on the "must have" list this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

vicwatson wrote: »

I think there is a more expensive one that glows or something. This?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Jeez, that Frozen fillum merchandise is going places. It's a year since it came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Jet Black wrote: »

You would think they would "Freeze" prices or Elsa "Let it go" cheaper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jet Black wrote: »

Sorry I meant Frozen in general

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭fdevine

vicwatson wrote: »

Yes it is apparently.

Argos allowed reservations during the week for stock that is now "definitely not going to be in before Christmas"

Smyths had a small allocation available for purchase this morning, all of which were gone within minutes. People had been queuing outside from very early.

Amazon might be worth a punt considering there's a shortage but I wouldn't count on them fulfilling in time for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

Tesco online showing as having snow glow elsa in stock. Won't let me post link here sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

apprently some toy fair in rds 2moro will have 300 of them, its €6 to get in so it might only suit those who were already going or in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bromley52 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LJ0WA12

Temp out of stock but you can order it.

Now priced at £35.46......... Someone is price gouging!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

heard some lady in Smyths in blanch tonight complaining loudly that her kid missed out this morning on one of these and people are now selling them on facebook for €500. tis the season to be greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ulnar

Seemingly they are available in Tesco

Can't post link as I'm a new user :-(

I got some for £35 on Amazon this evening, they are meant to receive stock on the 23rd

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

It says in stock on tesco website but when you place an order they will cancel it because there is actually no stock.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

just ordered it from Tesco for a friend looking for it.

It says in stock on tesco website but when you place an order they will cancel it because there is actually no stock.

Just saw that on another post, I have my fingers crossed Amazon fulfills my order.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Based on the below, I would say any site that is not dealing in real time stock counts, will be extremely over ordered.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/snow-glow-elsa-frozen-1791905-Nov2014/

heard some lady in Smyths in blanch tonight complaining loudly that her kid missed out this morning on one of these and people are now selling them on facebook for €500. tis the season to be greedy.

Adverts have a few on for between €100-€250 :-(
    I have heard that things got pretty nasty in the Swords branch, pushing, pulling at people to get the dolls

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ulnar wrote: »
    Boards have a few on for between €100-€250 :-(
    I have heard that things got pretty nasty in the Swords branch, pushing, pulling at people to get the dolls

Copied from a post to Smyths FB page, crazy stuff.
    Unless you have been living on another planet the last few weeks then you will know the demand for the snow glow elsa doll is unprecedented, to a stage that
    SMYTHS TOY SUPERSTORE
    In Airside retail park had an expected delivery of 50 or so of them today. My mam got up this morning at 4:30am to be up there as early as possible.When she arrived there were a few other people before her (8) some of who had been queuing there since 9:30 pm the night before. During the long cold wait, it transpired they had only got 17 dolls for sale to the public. So when that news was heard it caused a massive frenzy amongst the other buyers. So we asked if smyths were going to give out tickets to the first 10 or so people in the line so they would be guaranteed an elsa doll after their very long wait in the queue but we were told they were not going to do such a thing and as soon as the doors opened it was every person for themselves. 9am came and the doors were opened. 100+ people were let storm in at the one time causing an out and out riot. My mam was ninth in the queue ran towards the dolls and was shoved from behind to the ground and trod on. The rack that the elsa dolls were on was turned over and all the dolls were on the ground. People were scrambling and a security guard just watched as this animal like behaviour ensued. A 60+ year old women who was standing beside my mam in the queue had her doll savagely taken from her and her neck forcefully put in a headlock. My mam who was being squashed under a crowd of people had to shout at the ONE AND ONLY security guard on duty for him to pull her out of the crowd. I have not seen my mam so scared and traumatised since after this incident. It was unreal to watch a crowd of so called civilised human beings be so animal like in their behaviour. All this could have been totally avoided if smyths management had properly organised the situation better I have since heard that smyths in Fonthill retail park distributed tickets to the first ten people and allowed three at a time to go in so If one smyths can do it in a mannerly fashion why couldn't smyths of airside I solely blame the management of this store for their unprofessionalism. People have been left traumatised by the events that happened today in airside. A situation that could have been avoided
    This happened at 9am in smyths superstore airside on the 21/11/2014

delly wrote: »
    Copied from a post to Smyths FB page, crazy stuff.

Holy Crapola :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Adverts rather than boards will allow this as for the last while now they will get a cut if the doll is sold, fcuking hate gougers scum of the earth imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The Mother bought one of the snow glow dolls from Ebay for the younger sister, €65 including customs and postage from New Mexico, USA

Adverts rather than boards will allow this as for the last while now they will get a cut if the doll is sold, fcuking hate gougers scum of the earth imo.

Totally agree, I placed an ad this evening letting people know they were available for £35 from Amazon and Adverts removed it after a complaint from a guy selling a doll for €250

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A scene from your local toyshop when they get one in:

374665772c6e9ed6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

They're fairly meh-looking dolls, to be fair - they look nothing like the character.

I picked up the Animator (toddler) dolls for my daughter for £20 each from the Disney Store for her birthday earlier in the year. They're really beautiful dolls, well priced in comparison to other versions, and look just like the characters. (Same goes for the Disney Store 'Classic' Anna and Elsa dolls, which look far better than the Mattel versions.) Online stock was a disaster over the summer, but they're being restocked regularly now in the run up to Christmas.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/elsa-from-frozen-animator-doll/mp/75414/1000227/
    http://www.disneystore.co.uk/anna-from-frozen-animator-doll/mp/75412/1000227/

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

I got an Anna and Elsa doll set (barbie size) of that series online they do look more like the characters and had rooted eyelashes. Great price too, bur the seller has since taken down their account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love the toddler one,my girls have the skating ones. Personally I think they are a waste of money as they are just barbie type dolls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,852 ✭✭✭dodzy

Jasus, I just got a flashback to over 10yrs ago when I was faced with the same shît for tellytubbies. And there was 4 of them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Adverts are allowing that crap?
    I thought price-gouging, ticket touting etc- were all verbotten?
    If they've lowered themselves to that level, I'm cancelling my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭tipperary

I managed to get two of the snow glows from Toys R' Us in the UK, found stock using this site. Got delivered through parcel motel, but did get stuck for €21 of oversize charges from parcel motel. Still though got the two for about €120 give or take.

Toys R'Us seem to get some in stock, before they are gone a minute or two later. You need to set up an account with them first. If you wait until the items are in your shopping cart before registering, the items will be out of stock by the time you try to buy.

Advertisement