Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Tyskie deal in Lidl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I'm getting worries about Heidi Heidi. She hasn't been back online since setting sail on a boat with 8 bottles of this stuff. :D

Any of you lot that were first time samplers any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

nice stuff, stocked up on some today, was tempted to pick up a full box LOL

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm getting worries about Heidi Heidi. She hasn't been back online since setting sail on a boat with 8 bottles of this stuff. :D

Ah don't be worrying, she might be on a loooonnngggg trip

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah don't be worrying, she might be on a loooonnngggg trip

Am sending OH down to pick up a few here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

omahaid wrote: »
    Another 20 tonight? ;)

haha not quite but there nearly all gone over the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Gone in Youghal went I went back for part 2.. ah well tasty stuff. reminded me of the Euro's

• Registered Users Posts: 28,616 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Haha, I'm alive and well, don't worry!

Been to Wales and back - got home at 1am this morning - and the beer went down very well thank you very much! The others reckoned it looked like something you'd expect to see someone clutching on a park bench - all that was missing was the paper bag - but I think they were just jealous.

(Disclaimer - I did not drink my way to Wales and back! Shared an occasional one with fellow crew with the sammidges. Had one particularly tasty one for a celebratory breakfast on arrival in Wales at 7am on Sunday, having discovered we'd done spectacularly well in the race :D:D.)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Is the offer still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

bagels wrote: »
    Is the offer still open?

Not unless they've repeated it. Last week's offer was 21st to the 27th.

bagels wrote: »
    Is the offer still open?

almost sure it ended sunday
    got some sunday evening :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Still in Athy an hour ago

muint wrote: »
    Still in Athy an hour ago

thats great. must check here again

Apparently they are now doing 4 x franzikaner for a fiver.

Every Lidl helps. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Apparently they are now doing 4 x franzikaner for a fiver.

Every Lidl helps. :D

I see what you did there...

It's back on.

4 for €5, (or more apt, 8 for €10)Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zeo141

awesome will be heading to lidl first thing in the morning :D

It's back on.

4 for €5, (or more apt, 8 for €10)Lidl.

Deadly, OHs son is over next week, will stock up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

What this beer like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

:rolleyes: 4 pages..... its terrible obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

bigron2109 wrote: »
    What this beer like?

it's like there women - smooth sweet and tasty;)

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    What this beer like?

Its good stuff big Ron. Very tasty, and as I said before, no hangover next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

gustafo wrote: »
    it's like there women - smooth sweet and tasty;)
    Its good stuff big Ron. Very tasty, and as I said before, no hangover next morning.

Cheers folks. Picked up 8 bottles of it for 10 euro in Lidl in Wexford today. Nothing wrong with that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nj78

Tyskie was my drink of choice for the past 6 or 7 years and I got loads of people onto it, should've been getting commission there for a while...

However, has anyone else noticed a change in the beer about a month or two ago? The same time they changed the labelling, so I don't know if they have a new recipe or new brewery or what. It's just turned into the same generic taste as Heineken / Bud, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Tyskie is my beer of choice for some time. A gorgeous Polish girl who works in my local Aldi recommended Zywiec, another Polish beer, to me over Tyskie. Tried it and didn't like it particularly. Aldi don't stock Zywiec btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

nj78 wrote: »
    Tyskie was my drink of choice for the past 6 or 7 years and I got loads of people onto it, should've been getting commission there for a while...

However, has anyone else noticed a change in the beer about a month or two ago? The same time they changed the labelling, so I don't know if they have a new recipe or new brewery or what. It's just turned into the same generic taste as Heineken / Bud, etc.

Had my first 4 bottles of it last night and I was suprised at how light it tasted for a 5.5% beer. It was nice but it failed to keep any sort of head in the glass and as you say tasted more like a Heineken.

I find the cans of Grafenwalder in Lidl really nice. Perlenbacher also.

nj78 wrote: »

I can't say I noticed much difference in taste, but then again I'm one of these lads that drinks his beer near frozen (i love them in the freezer for about 45mins beforehand)

I did however notice the % drop from 5.6 to 5.5% on the labels.

Possibly if I had a bottle of each (older bottle and newer bottle) to compare, I'd notice the difference.

Like you, I've been drinking them for years now too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have a look a this from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93124846#post93124846
    This post has been deleted.

So 4 for €5 becomes 40 for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Genius:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nj78

I can't say I noticed much difference in taste, but then again I'm one of these lads that drinks his beer near frozen (i love them in the freezer for about 45mins beforehand.

Funny you should say that, I'm the exact same, I like to pop them in the freezer for a while to have them ice cold. But I noticed that the beer in the new bottles actually starts to freeze if they are in for much more than half an hour, whereas I've had no bother with the older ones in for an hour or so.

Maybe I'm imagining it. I have to say that I'm enjoying the search for a new favourite though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

This stuff makes me burp like Homer.

Advertisement