Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad/Bluegrass fiddle lessons Dublin city centre?

Options
  • 23-03-2015 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

New enough to Dublin and wouldn't mind looking into some trad fiddle lessons around the city? Something on a pay as you go type basis could suit.

I'm initially only here until the end of July but wouldn't mind getting the finger out...

I'll be living around the St James/Vicar St area, and working in city centre, south of the river.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I think the Cobblestone in Smithfield has a bluegrass session, and I think it is on a Saturday. If you can catch that session and talk to some of the musicians you might find someone willing to give you lessons. The pub has an active Facebook page, so if you're on there it might be worth giving them a shout to see when the bluegrass session happens.

If you're looking for trad fiddle lessons you might find some through Comhaltas, assuming there's a branch somewhere that you can get to.

Advertisement