Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets do this with people power and good will

Options
  • 06-02-2009 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Come on everyone, we now have an opportunity to make this country a better place, without having to hang on with baited breath to hear what flimsy ecconomic based solutions our so called leaders declare upon us each week.
    Let us all, employed, unemployed, make a positive contribution to our country by taking action immediately. There is an abundance of work to be done in the country. Where you may ask? Everywhere is the answer. Let us show to the international community that Ireland will not take this crisis lying down, we have always weathered the storm and picked ourselves up in the eleventh hour. It is not the eleventh hour yet, but it could be if we continue to dwell on the negative and feel sorry for ourselves.
    1. Look after our elderly neighbours. Have them over to dinner, fix up their houses that they cant afford to do on their pensions. Make sure they have fuel for the fire, they helped us create the country we now live in.

2. Share your skills. Rather than charge for work you do, excahnge a favour. Im sure that a compromise can be reached between people.

3. Volunteer. Dont just sign the dole and go home to play the PS2 or online poker, get out there and contribute, otherwise this country will crumble before our eyes.

Let us prove that money will not pollute our society.
    Never see a need without doing something about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

you do know this is AH??:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

1. Look after our elderly neighbours. Have them over to dinner, fix up their houses that they cant afford to do on their pensions.
    So you can move in with them when your house gets repossessed. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Meh. Apathy and selfishness have served me well for 19 years, I ain't goin' changing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

'' We are the world , we are the children , we are the ones who make a brighter day , so let's start giving '' .............ah fcuk dis ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Its cold outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

4. Lock yourself in a bomb shelter with a tonne of pot noodles, a roll of toilet paper and a few copies of hustler and wait it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Come on everyone, we now have an opportunity to make this country a better place, without having to hang on with baited breath to hear what flimsy ecconomic based solutions our so called leaders declare upon us each week.
    Let us all, employed, unemployed, make a positive contribution to our country by taking action immediately. There is an abundance of work to be done in the country. Where you may ask? Everywhere is the answer. Let us show to the international community that Ireland will not take this crisis lying down, we have always weathered the storm and picked ourselves up in the eleventh hour. It is not the eleventh hour yet, but it could be if we continue to dwell on the negative and feel sorry for ourselves.
    1. Look after our elderly neighbours. Have them over to dinner, fix up their houses that they cant afford to do on their pensions. Make sure they have fuel for the fire, they helped us create the country we now live in.

2. Share your skills. Rather than charge for work you do, excahnge a favour. Im sure that a compromise can be reached between people.

3. Volunteer. Dont just sign the dole and go home to play the PS2 or online poker, get out there and contribute, otherwise this country will crumble before our eyes.

Let us prove that money will not pollute our society.
    Never see a need without doing something about it

Nice plan, wont happen in Ireland, but Disney might buy the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

We've got to work for a better futu-u-u-ure,
    We've got to join hands for tomorro-o-o-w.
    Take the first step and you will see-e-e:
    The future begins with you and me-e-e.

We can start to make a differe-e-ence
    If we want it for our childre-e-en.
    Recycle that can and plant that tree-e-e,
    'cause the future begins with you and me-e-e.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pfft, communist :rolleyes:

/edit

nice Southpark reference Steoob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's true, old people love voting Fianna Fáil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

You'll have to prize my Euros from my cold dead hands. I didn't splurge during the Celtic Tiger and I'll be damned if I'm going to give up my hard earned cash to help out those who did. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭road_2_damascus

Im doing this as we speak... Im helping the homeless, and the elderly... interesting to see the responses so far. If I was in charge of the EU cheque book, I would have to say the the Irish have turned ungrateful and obnoxious...they deserve whats coming soon

Im doing this as we speak... Im helping the homeless, and the elderly... interesting to see the responses so far. If I was in charge of the EU cheque book, I would have to say the the Irish have turned ungrateful and obnoxious...they deserve whats coming soon
    dude, once again, THIS IS AFTER HOURS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Why, because we voted no :rolleyes:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If I was in charge of the EU cheque book, I would have to say the the Irish have turned ungrateful and obnoxious...they deserve whats coming soon

Ah c'est Monsieur Sarkozy, oui?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PRICK
    Watch the abuse. It won't be tolerated here.

Steoob wrote: »
    dude, once again, THIS IS AFTER HOURS

Sorry for my outbusrt! All the best, and thanks for reading my original post, again, apologies. I feel strongly about this. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

Once people get out of the materialistic celtic tiger mindset it might happen.
    However I currently do not see any needs that I can fill, and I dont hear the required gentle violin music which will play during the montage of trees being planted and old peoples houses being repaired.

Seriously though I wish it was a reality, instead of all this talk "kick out the government" etc, how about just making the world a nicer place in the mean time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

get a blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

We've got to work for a better futu-u-u-ure,
    We've got to join hands for tomorro-o-o-w.
    Take the first step and you will see-e-e:

We can start to make a differe-e-ence
    If we want it for our childre-e-en.
    Recycle that can and plant that tree-e-e,
    'cause the future begins with you and me-e-e.

This is pretty ghey.
    Back in the pile?? BACK IN THE PILE!!!!!

dey tuk uur jerbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

What kinda thread title is "let's do this with people power and good will".
    Ghey... :p

Once people get out of the materialistic celtic tiger mindset it might happen.
    However I currently do not see any needs that I can fill, and I dont hear the required gentle violin music which will play during the montage of trees being planted and old peoples houses being repaired.

Seriously though I wish it was a reality, instead of all this talk "kick out the government" etc, how about just making the world a nicer place in the mean time?

You are right... airwaves have been dominated by politicians and commentators engaging in one-up-man-ship and political points scoring, leave them at it; hopefully some desperate, semi-detatched suburban Mr. Smith, will appear in the Dail soon armed with an AK47 and rid us of the lot of them as in the film, Falling Down.
    As for the tree planting gentle violin music, Im afraid we dont share the same vision mate. I know some people that need home help and they dont have any. Imagine not being able to open a f*king tin because of the arthritis in your hands, I know a woman that has to walk 2 miles to the shop, she is almost crippled and depends on lifts from passing traffic. She is 80. Meawhile we choose to fill our houses with useless junk and distractions, and our bodies full of recreational drugs and alcohol, the country is now, full of spoilt w**kers, that sit infront of Playstation, smoking up and drawing the dole, and complain of having to take a drop in their lifestyles..if you people are reading this, you know who you are. Ly in your stuppered state while you can staring at the box n the corner, it will be very different times come April

whats happening in april?

whats happening in april?

Dollar crash
    this is one of hundreds of similar clips on the subject...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djgH9wA-JSU

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I would have to say the the Irish have turned ungrateful and obnoxious...they deserve whats coming soon
    Cake? :o

Your right though, what annoys me about this recession is people did their work, paid their money and did nothing wrong. It's not like the actual make up of workers changed or we did less work. Why do we rely on such a brittle system like the world economy. How can a completely imaginary thing destroy real physical work.

The hole system is wasteful and isn't in the best interest of the people. While we've got allot from it really all we've gotten is the crumbs off the 1%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MT2

I'm with you OP! Good for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I hear ya.

I'm sick of offering odd jobs to the convent school next door in exchange for a go on some of the sixth-years, and no joy.

Their cynicism and materialism sickens me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Have them over for dinner...you mean eat them?
    And for the fuel you can use things such as jumpers, wooden legs, priceless heirlooms, wigs, medication etc...

I tried that before. Kicking an 87 year old womans ass in Halo is alot less fun than you would think

I agree. Even though you dont get paid you can always rob these old people. Most of them have alzheimers so they probably wont even notice, and the majority have some pretty expensive and rare stuff that you could make a bundle on if you sell through eBay

• Advertisement

Have them over for dinner...you mean eat them?
    And for the fuel you can use things such as jumpers, wooden legs, priceless heirlooms, wigs, medication etc...

I tried that before. Kicking an 87 year old womans ass in Halo is alot less fun than you would think

I agree. Even though you dont get paid you can always rob these old people. Most of them have alzheimers so they probably wont even notice, and the majority have some pretty expensive and rare stuff that you could make a bundle on if you sell through eBay

Great user name, by the way, your kind should be put down like a rabid mutt

Advertisement