Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned from politics

Options
  • 10-10-2014 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

I don't know why I was banned from politics....I was arguing a strong point and pointed to history where the Nazis used fluoride in the water.

Boom...banned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi sin_city

please complete the first step of the process here. Talk to the Mod that banned you to learn why you were banned and discuss it.
    If the Mod stands by the ban then I'll investigate this further.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

Mod doesn't understand that playing the conspiracy theory rebuttal is a big insult in a normal debate. Use of that term is like calling someone a racist....it's intention is a quick end to a debate without use of good argument.

How many times can you be called a tin foil hat wearing whatever before you respond a little too strong....Mod should have warned other posters on using CT term.....it's basically name calling

Taltos wrote: »
    Hi sin_city

please complete the first step of the process here. Talk to the Mod that banned you to learn why you were banned and discuss it.
    If the Mod stands by the ban then I'll investigate this further.

Thanks
    Taltos

Confirm when you have completed the above and please forward the full PM conversation to me.

Yes I have

Taltos wrote: »
    .... please forward the full PM conversation to me.

sin_city please see above.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the PMs sin_city, I also got them from the mod who issued the ban.

Having read your points where you repeatedly call out you were banned for the conspiracy angle and seeing the same in your responses to the original ban, I have to admit I was originally at a loss. The ban and initial post from the mod were that you were banned for failing to be civil.
    Maybe its affecting your IQ, you still can't seem to even spell fluoride.

You then raised the CT which while not denied by the mod was not supported either apart from stating that the thread calmed down considerably once you left it, and again called out it is all about your posting style and how it is impacting the forum. Your posting style is at odds with the forum, and should your ban be lifted I believe you would just continue to insult regular posters and create more work for the mod team, just look at your history in Politics over the last year alone:
    Yellows - 6
    Infractions - 7
    Bans - 5 - excluding this one

To be frank this is a terrible record, taken in combination with your latest contribution I have no recourse here but to support the ban.
    If you disagree you can request an Administrator review

Yes can I have an admin review.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I see no reason to overturn the ban. As an addendum I'd recommend you start adjusting your posting style before it leads to more severe sanctions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement