Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 Skoda superb exclusive

Options
  • 05-07-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi folks,

im looking at the above car as a possible purchase.

ive been trying to find information on the exclusive spec but its hard to find anything on it. i think it may just be the classic model with upgraded spec. does anyone have any info - its 105hp

also does anyone have experiences with this version of a skoda, heard mention cam belt and flywheel, but nothing solid that i can find on the web?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's basically a stretched version of the old model Passat so it will probably have the same strengths and weaknesses. Exclusive I think replaced the Classic and sits below the Comfort, even in basic form they still have pretty decent equipment. I drove a collegues 105bhp version before and found it sluggish given the size of the car. Might be worth driving a 130bhp version too just for comparision.

One thing I remember from my collegue is that the boot hing struts can give problems on these cars so something to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭dermob

Cheers Bazz,

I was hoping that it wouldnt be sluggish, but im going to drive a 130hp in the next couple of days and that should help make my mind up!

thanks for the other info on the boot, from what i remember the garage said they were fixing it at the minute!!

does anyone have any other experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the car is mint and the price is right then a simple remap will get the 105bhp upto around 130bhp anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

I bought one earlier this year, very happy with it generally. But be aware of electrical problems. Courtesy lights do not work on mine was told it would be expensive to sort out, comfort box or something !

Advertisement