Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD iPhone 5 16GB 362.45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

€375 from Argos, with "One year standard Apple guarantee included.". Yes, its more expensive, but you wont be waiting months, or have to deal with IBood

Also available in white

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2598905/Trail/searchtext%3EREFURBISHED.htm

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=259%2F8905

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The argos price looks better value as the ibood phone does not include the original accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

They're gone that cheap now wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Etnies wrote: »
    They're gone that cheap now wow

Can it really be labelled as 'cheap'? It's a 2 year old phone and 2 generations of iPhone have since been released. Still, it's near €400.

If you're after an iPhone then that's grand, probably the best you'll do price-wise. Otherwise I'd recommend looking elsewhere as you'll get a much better phone now for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Can it really be labelled as 'cheap'? It's a 2 year old phone and 2 generations of iPhone have since been released. Still, it's near €400.

If you're after an iPhone then that's grand, probably the best you'll do price-wise. Otherwise I'd recommend looking elsewhere as you'll get a much better phone now for the same price.
    Thinly veiled "I love android - Apple are sh*te" post:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

dodzy wrote: »

What he said is 100% true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Hes right though. Its old now, considering how fast tech moves, its bloody ancient.

250 would be a much more agreeable price. People still buy old iPhones for way more though, so I suppose theres a market..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Hes right though. Its old now, considering how fast tech moves, its bloody ancient.

250 would be a much more agreeable price. People still buy old iPhones for way more though, so I suppose theres a market..

I know he's right. We all know apple always commands a premium. Nothing's changed there. Personally, I love 'em. Love the way they are put together, the simplicity, but that's me veering OT.

On the price, 2nd hand units are fetching c. €300 all day on adverts. More if mint, and I mean "unmarked" - €320-330 is common-place.

Now throw in a 1yr apple warranty and basically a NEW unit with all unused accessories for another €50. By comparison to whats out there, AND if you are in the market for this particular handset, it's a pretty decent offer from the Argosians.

I own and Apple TV, MacBook Pro and iPad. Apple are certainly not sh*te. I just feel I know what technology is worth and for that price, you could get a more up to date phone. As I said, if you want an iPhone, you'll struggle to get a better price so in that aspect it's a good deal. If you're open minded about what OS you choose, then you can get a better phone for the same or less.

No agenda here, just stating my opinion to hopefully help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 robbiepower77

nice deal tempted to buy one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

I was thinking of getting the iPhone 4S 8GB for €329.00.

Would I be better off with an iPhone 5 for €375.00 from Argos or the above?

Would I be better off with an iPhone 5 for €362.45 from Argos or the above?

Yes, definitely. Go with Argos I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I own and Apple TV, MacBook Pro and iPad. Apple are certainly not sh*te. I just feel I know what technology is worth and for that price, you could get a more up to date phone. As I said, if you want an iPhone, you'll struggle to get a better price so in that aspect it's a good deal. If you're open minded about what OS you choose, then you can get a better phone for the same or less.

No agenda here, just stating my opinion to hopefully help.

What you miss though it is staring you in the face here is that the cost of a phone is it's depreciation not the original cost. Spend 200€ on a 2 year old Android phone and it will be worth 0 next year. The 5 will cost what the 4S costs now next year which seems like a depreciation cost of less than €100

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Would I be better off with an iPhone 5 for €362.45 from Argos or the above?
    Out of those three options, spend the extra €45 for the newer phone. It'll last you longer (i.e. you'll receive OS updates for longer, longer app compatibility), 8GB isn't enough, Argos are better than iBOOD, the screen is bigger, it's SIM free.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Out of those three options, spend the extra €45 for the newer phone. It'll last you longer (i.e. you'll receive OS updates for longer, longer app compatibility), 8GB isn't enough, Argos are better than iBOOD, the screen is bigger, it's SIM free.

What about iPhone 5C 8GB for €379.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

AFAIK, it's more or less the same innards as the 5. 8GB is really isn't great though, so if I had to choose I think I'd go for the 16GB 5 over the 8GB 5C.

There are plenty of 5 vs 5C comparisons about if you have a look. Give a few a read and see if there's anything one has over the other that'd sway you.

What you miss though it is staring you in the face here is that the cost of a phone is it's depreciation not the original cost. Spend 200€ on a 2 year old Android phone and it will be worth 0 next year. The 5 will cost what the 4S costs now next year which seems like a depreciation cost of less than €100

I understand that, but I was specifically pointing out that a better phone (in terms of technology) could be bought for the same price. You're settling for older technology by buying that.

There are a number of reasons why someone might still wish to buy it though, and resale value may be one. But I'm just trying to inform people who may not know, that a better spec'd and more modern phone could be bought for the same or less.

Advertisement