Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrea de Cesaris

Options
  • 05-10-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Sad to read that AdC died in a Rome motorbike accident. RIP.

Did a great cameo for Jordan and sauber in 94. One of the good guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Man, this is one terrible day for F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29501069

I remember two great races for de Cesaris which unfortunately came to nought. In 1983 he hammered around Spa in an ungainly Alfa Romeo for lap after lap and came within an ace of victory only to be passed by Prost in his Renault. Fast forward 8 years and in the Jordan he harried Senna in his sick McLaren only for his Cosworth to expire and cost him a guaranteed podium.

He had his fair share of moments too earning him the nickname of de Crasheris. Perhaps his biggest was at Austria in 1985 when he barrel-rolled his Ligier in a particularly violent shunt.

RIP andrea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Very sad. Caught him in action at the tail end of his f1 career in 1994. Only feels like the other day in some ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bad day for the sport.

Rest easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

1991mex_de-cesaris.jpg
    Back when you had to double de-clutch, helmets had good designs and the monocoque side came up to your elbow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

De-Crash-eris as he was sometimes referred to.

My apologies to the guy but I actually thought he was dead already. After a quick Google I realized I had him confused with Elio de Angelis.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

RIP Andrea.

My Andrea DeCesaris story.....

Was in Spa Franchamps in 92, (Saw Schumi win his first race, Erik Comas had MASSIVE accident in qualifing (saw it first hand, able to see from Bus Stop) AND was able to get into the pits cause got friendly with this English guy who ran the Andrea DeCesaris Fan Club!!!!! :cool:

Andrea actually took time out to meet members of the fan club, one guy even had his bike helmet done up with Andrea's lid colours...genuine nice guy.
    He was driving with Tyrell at the time, he was a true racer.

Sat opposite Prost being interviewed by Nigel Roebuck, saw Thierry Bousten, Keke Rosberg.... was even able to briefly get in Jordan pits!!! great weekend all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭cob1

he was also a keen and very high level windsurfer, by all accounts a nice guy, this video from south Africa features him:

boards . mpora . com/news/rip-andrea-de-cesaris.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Saw this pic when Andrea took part in his 200th Grand Prix and his first race for Sauber at the 1994 Canadian Grand Prix:

2053330202_c6dc6720c6_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Showing my age but remember him vividly with Alfa Romeo. By, God his racing years in F1 took in a few eras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

I remember at Monaco 1994 him promising Eddie Jordan if given a drive he would win the race. He didn't but he came 4th which was one of his best results.

Advertisement