Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Firefighters

Options
  • 09-10-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Just wondering how many times on average would a firefighter working with the DFB be called out during one shift? Also what are the shift times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

http://www.irishfireservices.ie/irish-fire-services-overview/fulltime-brigade

You gave me a fright there. I thought Google was broken. Turns out its not, and you can use it to answer simple questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭harris33

go to irish fire services resource might be helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

Thanks but that still doesn't say how often the dublin fire brigade are called out? I know they also operate the ambulance service so i'd expect that they would be called out quite a bit! Do you know how many times the average firefighter in dublin is called out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

endacl wrote: »
    http://www.irishfireservices.ie/irish-fire-services-overview/fulltime-brigade

You gave me a fright there. I thought Google was broken. Turns out its not, and you can use it to answer simple questions.

you could say the same about a lot of the questions asked here.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Shifts are 9am-6pm or 6pm-9am. Different watches so always with the same crew.

There is no average call outs tbh. Firefighter/paramedics rotate between ambulance and fire crew duty, aswell as some other duties from time to time. As such call outs vary hugely. For example if on an ambulance shift it may well happen that you see station at start and end of shift and not at all in between. Fire - could be at one call the whole shift, or have multiple, or have multiple medical assists, or be on a special (such as the ladder based in HQ) and get called out to all types of area a few times during shift - really is no average tbh...obviously all depends on station aswell, some stations are naturally busier, another factor being the weather of course - stormy = busy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement