Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite teaser trailer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Excellent question, Tusky...

From recent memory, i can remember watching the 'Garden State' teaser a ton of times and thinking it was fantastic: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/high.html

With it's zero dialogue, fantastic imagery and excellent music (Frou Frou - 'Let Go').. And the way the scenes in the trailer cut together actually mix along with the pace and timing of the music. The trailer was definantly one of my favourites of the last few years!

Incidentally, the film was one of my favourites of the last few years too! :D

PS - will think of more later.. have a lot of favourite teaser trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I really like when teasers are made up of footage that isnt from the movie, like the Hulk one. I remember the Phantom Menace teaser being brilliant but maybe that was just because I was so excited at the time and didnt know that it would suck...

cant find the video of it anywhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

sin city was omg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

my favourite recent teaser from memory:
    red eye: http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/red_eye/ excellent!!

also both up high is bad news bears and the wedding crashers

weemcd wrote:
    sin city was omg
    Agreed... the first 'Sin City' trailer (the teaser) was absolutely mind-blowing!

Think i posted that here on Boards first to many replied "OMFG! :eek:" and all that sorta stuff!

• Advertisement

herobear wrote:
    my favourite recent teaser from memory:
    red eye: http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/red_eye/ excellent!!

also both up high is bad news bears and the wedding crashers

That looks great!

Yep.. Red Eye looks like a nice departure for Wes Craven.

Think Cillian Murphy is excellent in everything he's in also!

basquille wrote:
    Yep.. Red Eye looks like a nice departure for Wes Craven.

Think Cillian Murphy is excellent in everything he's in also!

Aye. This will be his second bad guy role in a row too ! After scarecrow in Batman.

shame its supposed to be awful, the plot is totally ridiculious(luckily though the trailer ignores the plot for the most part) i saw it before mysterious skin in ugc, so much love!!

another good one is november with courteney cox(dont laugh!!) which i clicked randomly on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I was quite impressed with the Constantine and Star Wars Episode III trailers.

If you haven't already, check out the A Scanner Darkly trailer.

• Advertisement

Cannot wait for Batman... all those reviews for it have been fantastic! And the leaked 10 minute preview was fantastic except.. my one gripe is the
    scene where he rescues Katie (mmmmm...) and he appears all dark and mysterious and it looks cool... and then we hear this very gravelly voice emerge.
    Found some of his dialogue in that scene difficult to hear.

OK... best get back on topic now!

basquille wrote:
    Cannot wait for Batman... all those reviews for it have been fantastic! And the leaked 10 minute preview was fantastic except.. my one gripe is the
    scene where he rescues Katie (mmmmm...) and he appears all dark and mysterious and it looks cool... and then we hear this very gravelly voice emerge.
    Found some of his dialogue in that scene difficult to hear.

OK... best get back on topic now!
    Nolan is trying to root the film in reality, Bruce knows katie holmes character in real life...he has to put on the grizzly voice to disguise himself. Alot of people are complaining about the voice, I like it.

qz wrote:
    I was quite impressed with the Constantine and Star Wars Episode III trailers.

linklater love :D:D
    *jumps up and down excitedly*

herobear wrote:
    shame its supposed to be awful, the plot is totally ridiculious(luckily though the trailer ignores the plot for the most part) i saw it before mysterious skin in ugc, so much love!!
    Agreed... quite a weird but very good trailer!
    I wanna see another flick with Joseph Gordon Levitt this year too... ever hear fo 'Brick'? It's like a film noir type drama. Supposed to be excellent. Trailer was up for a short time on the film's website but was taken down cos they didn't have rights to the music. Meant to be a fantastic film. Won rave reviews and awards in the US.
    herobear wrote:
    another good one is november with courteney cox(dont laugh!!) which i clicked randomly on
    Yeah.. saw this too.
    Her boyfriend gets shot when going into a store or something like that
    .. don't remember it too well but remember that scene at the start of the trailer. And Courtney didn't look too glamourous in it.. think that's part of the role though
    qz wrote:
    Yeah.. remember posting this a while back too. I like the trailer but i have the distinct feeling i'd suffer a serious migraine watching it on a cinema screen! :D
    Tusky wrote:
    Nolan is trying to root the film in reality, Bruce knows katie holmes character in real life...he has to put on the grizzly voice to disguise himself. Alot of people are complaining about the voice, I like it.
    Ah yes.. they were childhood friends, weren't they? Makes sense to discuss the voice then. The voice wouldn't bother me that much!

Cannot wait.. a week's time! :D

brick sounds pretty cool alright, its a small sundance film from the looks of it, so it'll probably be in cinemas here, late this year/early next.

i sometimes just click on random trailers on dark-horizons, since they seem to have a varied list which is how i came upon november and also a history of violence

cant believe no-one has mentioned the incredibles yet, thats pretty cool.
    the current madagascar trailer(although i dont think its a teaser) makes me laugh :D
    OY VEY!!

herobear wrote:
    brick sounds pretty cool alright, its a small sundance film from the looks of it, so it'll probably be in cinemas here, late this year/early next.
    Yeah.. i hope so but the official website (http://www.brickmovie.net/) or IMDb gives no information on release dates even in the US as of yet. It does look fantastic though.

Actually, rumour has it on the IMDb Boards that it will be getting a wide release in December in the US.

Seems about right.. considering they haven't issued a real trailer yet besides the one that was on the official website for about 3 days before it had to be taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I just loved the one for South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

The one that tells you all about the high tech computer graphics that have been used to bring this film to you.. and you have all big wooshy computer drawing effects going on and it ends up with Cartman doing the german dance... great stuff..

The first teaser trailer that I really remember noticing was the one for Jurassic Park. It showed the whole process of taking the DNA out of the amber. And it came out a long time before the film.. something like 1-2 years before the film. I must say I was pretty disappointed with the film in the end though.

I just loved the one for South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

The one that tells you all about the high tech computer graphics that have been used to bring this film to you.. and you have all big wooshy computer drawing effects going on and it ends up with Cartman doing the german dance... great stuff..

The first teaser trailer that I really remember noticing was the one for Jurassic Park. It showed the whole process of taking the DNA out of the amber. And it came out a long time before the film.. something like 1-2 years before the film. I must say I was pretty disappointed with the film in the end though.

Dissapointed with Jurassic Park ? odd.

Tusky wrote:
    Agreed! Excellent trailer... and one film that got really bad press / reviews that i actually quite enjoyed. The ending was very obvious... but people can't seem to sit through a Shyamalan film without expecting a twist at the end!

The trailer for 'Moonlight Mile' was excellent also: click here to watch it!

The film wasn't as good as it could have been... but very enjoyable nonetheless! And Jake Gyllenhaal was excellent (as usual) along Dustin Hoffman (also never really puts in a poor performance.... bar 'Meet The Fockers' :D).

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    Agreed! Excellent trailer... and one film that got really bad press / reviews that i actually quite enjoyed. The ending was very obvious... but people can't seem to sit through a Shyamalan film without expecting a twist at the end!

The trailer for 'Moonlight Mile' was excellent also: click here to watch it!

The film wasn't as good as it could have been... but very enjoyable nonetheless! And Jake Gyllenhaal was excellent (as usual) along Dustin Hoffman (also never really puts in a poor performance.... bar 'Meet The Fockers' :D).

I really liked 'The Village' too. I love the way Night tells proper stories. Something that is missing in alot of movies these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Tusky wrote:
    I really liked 'The Village' too. I love the way Night tells proper stories. Something that is missing in alot of movies these days.
    Yeah but unfortunately he's a one trick pony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Comedian - one of the funniest trailers I've ever seen. Absolutely nothing to do with the film but really really good.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=10200

Comedian - one of the funniest trailers I've ever seen. Absolutely nothing to do with the film but really really good.

Good call, great teaser.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Garden State trailer aaaages ago... made m want to sell posessions to scrape money for a ticket and seeing the trailer again just brought back so many good memories of the film... the little dance in front of the fire is very nice.

i completely forgot about comedian really great trailer for a surprisingly good film, its not that funny or anything but its extremely fascinating learning all about jerry seinfeld and orney adams. saw it at last years jdiff, thanks for reminding me 'bout it, must look out for it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Austin Powers the spy who shagged me. Look it up.

Blisterman wrote:
    Austin Powers the spy who shagged me. Look it up.
    Ah yes... the "if you see one film this year, see Star Wars. If you see two films this year.."

Good stuff!

:D

Advertisement