Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only 1.73mbs line capable of 14

Options
  • 28-05-2015 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi, not sure if anyone has come up against this problem. I switched from eircom to Vodafone bout 18mnths ago. Last July problems started with signal constantly dropping. Turned out it was a general fault with lines. Fast forward to April this year and lines sorted by eircom, guaranteeing up to 24mb. As I'm out of contract I rang around to get best price and spoke to eircom sales as a potential new customer. She checked my line and said it was capable of 14mb since the overhaul. Vodafone are giving me a better deal but when they tried to upgrade me I was told eircom are telling them line only capable of 3mb.
    I'm just wondering are eircom doing this so il go back to them, can they do this legally and if this is happening who can I contact. Obviously eircom won't speak to me in relation to this as I am not their customer. Very frustrated at this stage but not gonna let it go.
    Can anyone help or offer advise, TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

3Mb would be a radio exchange, what exchange are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Andso

Not sure how do I find out

What town are you in? If you rate for 14Mb then the exchange isnt far from your home.

In Banteer co cork. No I'm quite far from exchange but neighbour is getting 10mb but is eircom customer. Village is getting 20-24mb, I'm .9mile from village

Looks like banteer has no DSL, Kanturk and Lombardstown are close then Ballyclough.

Open a case with vodafone support, if they cant do anything or explain why, then open a case with comreg. That'll give them a kick into action.

• Advertisement

Thank you for replies, Vodafone have already told me there's is nothing they can do. I phone comreg and see how I get on. Seems like eircom are holding me to ransom a little, if I go back to them I'll get higher speeds which is not giving me free choice of provider

Advertisement