Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble With Sex

• 09-06-2005 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Saw this last night in the UGC.

It's a smallish Irish made film concerning a young lawyer Michelle (Renee Weldon) who lives and works in Dublin. The film chronicles her up and down relationship with Conor (Aiden Gillen).

Now that the plot has been outlined, let the ranting begin. This was one of the worst films I've seen for a long, long time. The dialogue was very poorly scripted, the acting woeful, the directing terrible and the editing very shoddy. I think it was going for stylish and sexy, but it just came out as drab forced. The sex scenes were awkward, clunky and each time one came around (and it was often) this creepy music started playing which gave me the impression that one of them was about to die or get maimed somehow....
    They tried to deal with too much, parental influence, love struggling beyond the class level, the effects the economic boom has had on the irish people and women's sexual liberation. all in 100 minutes.

seriously, stay far away from this. the one thing i'll give it is that it has some unintentionally hilarious moments ("i have a big, large, juicy bonus for you"), but it really isn't worth you hard-earned cash!

*rant over*

anyone else see it and agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Is it so bad it's good? I have a thing for Irish films where the actors fail miserably at being "sexy"!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

it was pretty funny in parts i have to admit. they were working their little cotton socks trying to make it as slick as possible, but it in no way worked! have to say some of the sex scenes were hilarious, the faces they made were rather inhuman. if you must go see it, make sure you have a jar or two first to enhance the comedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

nachos wrote:

The sex scenes were awkward, clunky and each time one came around (and it was often) this creepy music started playing which gave me the impression that one of them was about to die or get maimed somehow....

?

That made me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

good dramas are hard to pull off.
    We need to start from scratch.

/me calls for some Irish zombie movies

hell, we could make a zombie movie, we could surely get enough boards muppets to be zombies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

nadir wrote:
    good dramas are hard to pull off.
    We need to start from scratch.

/me calls for some Irish zombie movies

hell, we could make a zombie movie, we could surely get enough boards muppets to be zombies.

check out dead meat

as for trouble with sex , yes its absolutely dire
    "got any sweets?"

plus Renee Weldon is just not at all attractive

• Advertisement

Nothing beats a cringe-worthy, period pain-inducing Irish film, dodgily shot on some crappy digital camera with unflattering lighting, untalented ugly actors, and a script that seems as if it was written in 20 minutes during a coffee break.

I'm sooo going to see this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

yeah, I agree. This film wasn't very good. I barely watched it, the script was pretty poor.

Advertisement