Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review Wanted: mobileplans.ie

Options
  • 20-05-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've made a new website, http://mobileplans.ie, for comparing mobile phone plans.
    The web design side of things is new to me so would appreciate any comments on layout, colors, overall design.
    Hit me with your worst! :p
    Cheers,
    Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Just a quick 10 secs on the site, ran a search and was taken outside the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Good idea if its kept up to date and detailed

I agree though fix the search

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Hi jonathan11,

Firstly well done, simple format and users can find information fast, big positive. like the other two responses fix the search.

Also is it possible to have a feature (an advanced search)....either text field or drop down menu, so users can enter the most used feature for them ie for me I use about 300 anytime minutes per month, after that it is data, and finally texting or free add ons. But for others its free texting, then evening and weekend minutes with no data.

Anyway its neat, and has potential, so best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

jonathan11 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've made a new website, http://mobileplans.ie, for comparing mobile phone plans.
    The web design side of things is new to me so would appreciate any comments on layout, colors, overall design.
    Hit me with your worst! :p
    Cheers,
    Jon
    The site has potential to succeed which many people would want to find how to save money on their mobile plans and not have to research for hours...

The only thing is the search, if your using a cms you can easily add a search module or use a google on-site custom search..

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Tim M-U wrote: »
    The site has potential to succeed which many people would want to find how to save money on their mobile plans and not have to research for hours...

The only thing is the search, if your using a cms you can easily add a search module or use a google on-site custom search..

Good luck with it!
    Good idea. However, I don't think the design is good enough. It's too dull. To me, it looks like one of those search result sites or parking pages for domains. When I come to it I feel like I shouldn't be here if that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

Cheers guys for the replys. I removed the google search box in the end, it wasn't really adding anything to the site. I've changed the header background as well in an effort to spruce it up a bit. Web design isn't my strong point, so any pointers in that area or colors/layout/design much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i don't understand the benifets of this?

do you intend on generating revenue from this?

I personally would prefer to go to each of the corrosponding companies websites, they're more aesthitically pleasing etc.

do you plan on manually changing these pland or are youpulling the information from somewhere, the operators have a tendancy for changing plans on a weekly basis which would mean a decent about of research and updating IMO?

Update design and functionality so that it is more aesthicically pleaseing, the table on the front page is a little hard to read with blue text and blue background.

some though about CPI advertising should be put in as well as you've pleanty of space and not enough information.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

i don't understand the benifets of this?

do you intend on generating revenue from this?

I personally would prefer to go to each of the corrosponding companies websites, they're more aesthitically pleasing etc.

do you plan on manually changing these pland or are youpulling the information from somewhere, the operators have a tendancy for changing plans on a weekly basis which would mean a decent about of research and updating IMO?

Update design and functionality so that it is more aesthicically pleaseing, the table on the front page is a little hard to read with blue text and blue background.

some though about CPI advertising should be put in as well as you've pleanty of space and not enough information.

A
    I agree,1 minute on the site and I was thinking of going direct to the relevant providers sites.Real reviews or comparisons of the rates would make for more interesting/relevant reading to a someone who has a reason for being on your site,nice enough looking though.

Advertisement