Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Logo Design

Options
  • 18-05-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Folks,

This may seem like a relatively simple question but is there any imagery that cannot be used in the creation of Logos. Im thinking maybe that the use of a Harp or Shamrock or whatnot would infringe of someone copyright?

Any input is appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I think once the harp or shamrock is not remarkably similar to someone else's design then you are ok. There are a million and one ways to draw either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

tricky D wrote: »

I knew I had seen something like this before and that was the exact link I had seen. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

According to the Act it's only emblems "resembling such emblem that it may be mistaken for such emblem" that you need permission for. Does anyone know the official shamrock emblem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I am not sure it is exactly what you are looking for but the majority of stock images that I have come across also forbid using them in logo creation so best check the fine print before purchasing \downloading the image.

• Advertisement
Advertisement