Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a car in Limerick.

Options
  • 25-02-2012 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be back in Ireland for 3 weeks from Feb 28th, and we're looking to rent a car with an automatic transmission.

I've looked at sites like argus and rentalcars.com, but i'm wondering if there are any local businesses that would be able to match them on price?

Does anybody have any advice/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Give Shane a call in Enterprise Car hire in Limerick City.

+ 353 61 319200
    http://www.enterprise.ie/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?gpbr=I105&bid=004&cnty=IE

Albeit you are trying to rent an Auto which are wildly expensive to rent because the VRT is much higher because of the CO2 and the purchase price is higher simply because most Irish people drive manuals(supply and demand).

The only other is whom will appear on argus searches and others is Ennis Road Motors whom hire cheap badly specced cars.

You should consider Shannon Airport as a rental zone. 10 minutes from the city outskirts and more competitive pricing because of higher competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Theres also the ford dealership AFAIK out by the roundabout at the Tipp Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I don't think they do car rental. Hiravan is there alright but that's only van hire.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Give Shane a call in Enterprise Car hire in Limerick City.

+ 353 61 319200
    http://www.enterprise.ie/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?gpbr=I105&bid=004&cnty=IE

+1 for Enterprise Rent a Car

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

h3000 wrote: »
    I don't think they do car rental. Hiravan is there alright but that's only van hire.

Yes, you maybe confusing yourself with Dan Dooley rent-a-car from Knocklong and Tipp Town whom do car rental in the airports as well. He is a Ford Dealership.

Advertisement