Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pauls boutique

Options
  • 22-02-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

i see all these girls marching round in their pauls boutique jackets..where did they get them? iv never seen them in a shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Brown Thomas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Kess73 wrote: »
    Brown Thomas.

The ones I've seen, the hunt jackets aren't Brown Thomas ones, at least I don't think so (it is the new burberry). I saw my first purple one today. If this gets them out of p.j.'s then it's ok by me.

Why do you want to know where they came from? Do you want to buy one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

when i first encountered these "I<3PB" jackets, they reminded me of the paco rabane and lacoste clothing rip-offs of the 90's, its not a good look OP, you're probably better off not knowing where they came from and avoiding them completely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Bloody awful coats, I agree its better than the pajamas, but I saw one of the pajama brigade in her pajamas with the coat over it recently. Maybe trailer park chic is this seasons new trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw these coats around the same time the missus wanted one saying "XXX(famous person) wears it"

After I pointed out about 20 or so individual "ethnic minorities" and assorted scangballs wearing those coats she quickly changed her mind.

Ben Sherman was murdered because of the Chavvishness of it all as was Burberry. Tommy Hilfiger suffered a smaller effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I think they sell the knock offs down the market on Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Had to google it to see what the OP was talking about!

Some of the images remind me of the Puffa Jackets that were popular
    in the mid 90's where they started off with Country Sporting types and
    rich kids wearing them only to to get popular with the Knackers wearing cheap shiny plastic looking versions of them
    in bright colours .....then they became unpopular with the rich kids!
    (circa the Levi 501's and deck shoes with curly leather laces timeframe)
    On the P.J's front I've seen secondary school students (females) when I'm passing the bus stop on the way to work now sporting
    pink pajama's bottoms under their school uniform's skirt which I thought was very strange.

(Not that I'm intentionally looking at schoolgirls in my travels )

~B

I'll have to keep an eye on Eastenders, maybe the producers could take Bianca Jackson out of her silver puffa coat and swap it for a Paul's Boutique one. It'd make a change.

bullets wrote: »
    Had to google it to see what the OP was talking about!

Some of the images remind me of the Puffa Jackets that were popular
    in the mid 90's where they started off with Country Sporting types and
    rich kids wearing them only to to get popular with the Knackers wearing cheap shiny plastic looking versions of them
    in bright colours .....then they became unpopular with the rich kids!
    (circa the Levi 501's and deck shoes with curly leather laces timeframe)
    On the P.J's front I've seen secondary school students (females) when I'm passing the bus stop on the way to work now sporting
    pink pajama's bottoms under their school uniform's skirt which I thought was very strange.

(Not that I'm intentionally looking at schoolgirls in my travels )

~B

bullets you'll remember the "NAFF" jackets and the "XWORX" raver jeans then aswel so that were the plague of the 90's! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Tommy Brubacker jackets..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭wingnut

seachto7 wrote: »
    Tommy Brubacker jackets..........

Lol the memories! How about canvas bags and black/green army jackets.

wingnut wrote: »
    Lol the memories! How about canvas bags and black/green army jackets.

had a green one of these in primary school, til one of the lads on the school bus tied the strings of the hood to the bar on the seat in front of me, then had to use his lighter to burn the cord 'cause i couldn't get the knot open...

long story short- what idiot puts foam filling in bus seats? that stuff goes up like petrol, i was lucky i thought to slide out the arms of what was left of one very crispy jacket! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Anyone remember the "Spliffy" jackets, picture of a fella on the back smoking a joint!! Some terrible fashion sense in the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The ones I've seen, the hunt jackets aren't Brown Thomas ones, at least I don't think so (it is the new burberry). I saw my first purple one today. If this gets them out of p.j.'s then it's ok by me.

BT are the official stockist of the PB range for Ireland. So if what you saw were not knock offs and were bought in a bricks and mortar store in Ireland, then they are BT stock.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

BT are the official stockist of the PB range for Ireland. So if what you saw were not knock offs and were bought in a bricks and mortar store in Ireland, then they are BT stock.:)

The ones that I have seen are all of the same style, a fox hunt style, looked at the official PB page and low and behold the one's I've seen sported aren't on there.

Back in the 90s I wore too much fila with the black and red F, oh the shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ive seen a few of them around now. they look like something id give my dog to sleep on.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

no i saw one girl wearing the jacket and then as if over night theres loads of them getting around in the puffy jackets.. brown thomas?? god you'd hardly think we're in a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Back in the 90s I wore too much fila with the black and red F, oh the shame.

That logo was pretty cool even though I did not like most of the clothing by fila.
    Up near the black spot Wickem street? back in the 90's there
    was a Fila shop wasnt there? with naff naff caravan 49 type pants/jackets
    and fila tops. The cost of the clothing for its time was ultra expensive.

I hated most of the clothing but once bought a top that I thought looked cool with the Fila logo on it, It looked like an under-Armour type top with a fila logo on the collar neck area. WAAaaay back then it looked like some sci-fi star trek the next generation type uniform top.

EDIT: LOL!!! :D:D I found the very top!!
    The logo was almost like something you would find on the TV show "V"
    th41282656072Roll%20Neck%20-%20black%20ANDY%20cropped.jpg

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Sold out of a car boot in our more colourful suburbs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

When I saw the first one I thought it was a Beastie Boy's jacket - they had an album called Paul's Boutique.

They are f**king horrible jackets, very popular with scobes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

All knock-offs, the market stalls will sell them, aswell as the Chinese shop on Wickham st

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

When I saw the first one I thought it was a Beastie Boy's jacket - they had an album called Paul's Boutique.

They are f**king horrible jackets, very popular with scobes.

I agree! I was wondering how the f**k all these young wans wre suddenly getting into the Beasties and especially it being their most difficult/challenging album (imo) - They've ruined it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

ive seen a few of them around now. they look like something id give my dog to sleep on.

I wouldn't do that to the dog.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I'd like to thank pauls boutique cos now i can tell surly looking youths from almost 100 yards

Who says crime doesn't pay? Unemployed yet shopping in Brown Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

YOU WERE SERIOUS when you replied to the OP ???:eek:
    I only thanked you Kess for the quick witty comeback.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They are knock-offs.

Advertisement