Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHD curls!

Options
  • 18-12-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Going to my Christmas party tomorrow, and decided I'm going to get these done...can anyone recommend good hairdressers around O'Connell St area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

a little short notice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭laura1408

try house of colour on liffey st, think they do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Peter marks do them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

just a thought,

their really easy to do if you wanna give it a shot,

secret is separating your hair into sections

then only take small pieces of hair - bout 1 inch

start from the top of each section turn the ghd and slowly pull through the hair

if you really want them to stay spray each curl with hairspray straight after

usually takes me about and hour

otherwise im sure any peter marks will do them great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

just a thought,

secret is separating your hair into sections
    then only take small pieces of hair - bout 1 inch
    start from the top of each section turn the ghd and slowly pull through the hair
    if you really want them to stay spray each curl with hairspray straight after
    usually takes me about and hour

Thanks for that, that's probably what I will do, I'd say! I normally do them myself but they disappear after like an hour :( But I'll try the spraying each curl thing! Fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

just a thought,

They're really not easy to do. You need to practice before you can get a good result, not something i'd recommend for the OP if she wants it for tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

I've been practising trying to curl my hair with GHD for ages and still can't do it right, it's not as simple as it sounds or looks, so I wouldn't risk doing it at such short notice! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah it's a real pain to get the hang of, and if your hair is shorter than shoulder length it's even more difficult :(

Advertisement