Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

97 corrolla airbag light.

Options
  • 19-05-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

My 1997 corrolla failed the N.C.T. because the airbag light did not come on. I never remember seeing any airbag light ever in this car. This car has passed several Nct's in the 13 years i have owned it.I dismantled the dash today but could not find an airbag light. Was there ever an airbag light in this model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

What model corolla is it? And does it have an airbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

corrolla 1.3 xli 94-97 model (E101). It does have steering wheel airbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Thats a 1.3 xli. I had one.

Never seen an airbag light come on and it passed its last NCT fine.

I dont think there is one tbh.

oh and mine just had the one airbag in the steering wheel as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

if they are anything like the same era starlet, it's a mechanical airbag and the light doesn't illuminate on start-up, only when there is a fault.

if they are anything like the same era starlet, it's a mechanical airbag and the light doesn't illuminate on start-up, only when there is a fault.

I could not find any light with an airbag symbol or srs on it. I don't know if it is a mechanical airbag or not. i looked under the seat and there is no wires there that would indicate a sensor in the seat.
    I rang the N.C.T. call center but all they could tell was to bring it back to the test center.

• Advertisement

I went back this morning to the test center.I explained about the light to a different tester that was there today.He said there was no light in that model corrolla and he gave me my new cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

jjf1974 wrote: »
    I went back this morning to the test center.I explained about the light to a different tester that was there today.He said there was no light in that model corrolla and he gave me my new cert.

anther astounding display of competence in the NCT's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

A very knowledgeable bunch altogether :pac:

Well at least its sorted anyway!

Advertisement