Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda fabia 1.4 02

Options
  • 17-05-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

hey guys hope someone here can help. was coming back from town a while ago and as i took a corner i could hear a screeching sound from my front wheel i pulled in checked around saw nothing was wrong and carried on than down the road as i pressed my brake nothing happened petal went straight to the floor.i pressed it again and the car braked so its like my brakes are on the way out cus every second or third time i click my brake it works.anybody know what this is? and what it would cost??no light has flashed for brake fluid so im frazzled thanks for any advice or help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Brakes aren't on their way out you have serious fault and wouldn't recommend you continue driving it.
    could be master cylinder or caliper or flexible hose or leak in the system. But it needs to be inspected by a mechanic until it is properly diagnose no one can give you an estimate over the internet.

Can't rely on brake warning light to detect low fluid level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

visual is right here. If your brakes have a problem they could fail soon and then you have a bad day.

Advertisement