Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whistling noise from ventilation/Audi A4

Options
  • 13-05-2014 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I have a 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 1.9tdi that has started to whistle loudly at speeds of about 60mph when the heater is switched off, it seems to be coming through the ventilation on the drivers side of the car close to the front windscreen..... very hard to pinpoint,

when I switch on the heater the whistling noise all but stops, but if I switch on the heater and then press the circulation button it will whistle again,

the aircon stopped working about 2 weeks ago and shortly after that the whistling started, could it be connected?

the gas slowly leaked out and the econ light now stays on constantly (which according to the Audi people means there is no gas) ,

any idears!!, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

kop77 wrote: »
    I have a 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 1.9tdi that has started to whistle loudly at speeds of about 60mph when the heater is switched off, it seems to be coming through the ventilation on the drivers side of the car close to the front windscreen..... very hard to pinpoint,

when I switch on the heater the whistling noise all but stops, but if I switch on the heater and then press the circulation button it will whistle again,

the aircon stopped working about 2 weeks ago and shortly after that the whistling started, could it be connected?

the gas slowly leaked out and the econ light now stays on constantly (which according to the Audi people means there is no gas) ,

any idears!!, thanks :)
    for starters get the aircon fixed. It doesn't just need gas there must be a leak somewhere that needs attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Aircon leak fixed and it working again but still didn't solve the whistling noise,

the only thing that helps is turning on the fan, whether it be hot air or cold air, fast or slow air speed, it will almost stop the whistling noise..... until you hit about 70mph!

I stuffed a scarf down under the wiper arms all along the black plastic mesh thing and it works.... it doesn't make a sound,

could it be that the windscreen is letting air?

I also think that the front windscreen was replaced at some stage because it doesn't have the Audi symbol like the others but why now after 12 months of ownership would it start making noise.....

last thing to mention is that about a week before this noise started happening I had the steering rack out & reconditioned, whether that has any bearing on it or not!!

any ideas guys..... thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's whistling because it doesn't know the words.

Advertisement