Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra Window Issue

Options
  • 19-12-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Opel Astra GTC Sxi, 2006

Hoping someone can help with this one, can't find anything similar online !

Had my alternator reconditioned 2 days ago, since that I cannot make the windows go down automatically by holding the button for a second.

If I hold it and let go the window just stops when I release.

Any suggestions would be appreciated !

One other thing to mention was that when I got the car back for the first few times I went to take off from a stop the headlights cut out for about a second, also this evening I opened the boot and the light came on in the boot but then went off for about a second and came back on.

Little bit worried they might have messed something up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can help with this one, can't find anything similar online !

Had my alternator reconditioned 2 days ago, since that I cannot make the windows go down automatically by holding the button for a second.

If I hold it and let go the window just stops when I release.

Any suggestions would be appreciated !

One other thing to mention was that when I got the car back for the first few times I went to take off from a stop the headlights cut out for about a second, also this evening I opened the boot and the light came on in the boot but then went off for about a second and came back on.

Little bit worried they might have messed something up.

You just need to reset them when the window is closed fully press and hold the switch in the up position till you hear a click inside the door do that with both doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

You just need to reset them when the window is closed fully press and hold the switch in the up position till you hear a click inside the door do that with both doors.

Absolute legend ! cheers for that, all working again :)

Any idea was the headlight thing due to the battery having been nearly drained do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Absolute legend ! cheers for that, all working again :)

Any idea was the headlight thing due to the battery having been nearly drained do you think ?

I havent a clue about your lights it sounds very odd i would bring it back where you got the work done.

Might be no harm to find out is the new alternator the same ampage as the old one maybe check your battery connections .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I havent a clue about your lights it sounds very odd i would bring it back where you got the work done.

Might be no harm to find out is the new alternator the same ampage as the old one maybe check your battery connections .

Appreciate the advice :)

Advertisement