Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hackintosh laptop?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Any of you use hackintosh laptops? How stable are they and is it hard to get compatible ones? Just wondering as some of the pc lads have hackintosh pcs.

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Yeah, I had the use of a hackintosh laptop for a while when I was traveling. Getting a compatible laptop isn't hard, and it works, but to be honest I wasn't too impressed from a usability point of view. Resolution is generally horrible to work on, OSX doesn't tend to look great on a lot of lower end screens, you don't have mouse gestures, which is something I use quite a bit. It would crash now and again, until I finally got sick of it and chucked a copy of windows on it for the remainder of the time I had it. I appreciate that I was using a netbook though, and you might have better things to say about it if you're using a better laptop with a decent screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes OP here is a picture: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4436079/images/IMG_20130127_220046.jpg

Once you get rid of the terrible apple operating system it's actually useful.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Compatible (to varying degrees) laptops:
    http://www.mymacnetbook.com/compatibility-chart/

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Interesting! Just an idea if I get a notebook in the distant future. Thanks for the link, saw it already, but thanks anyway ;)

Advertisement