Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting onto the pitch at U2 with a seated ticket

• 20-06-2005 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if it would be possible to get onto the pitch with a seated ticket at the U2 concert? Would they be strictly enforcing that people stay in their seats or would someone be able to get out onto the pitch??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Hi,

Does anyone know if it would be possible to get onto the pitch with a seated ticket at the U2 concert? Would they be strictly enforcing that people stay in their seats or would someone be able to get out onto the pitch??
    Hmmm, i think they may be strict on it. They wont want thousands of extra people on the pitch. I suppose if you ask the right steward in a nice way he might make an exception but unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I doubt in somehow.
    I'd say the pitch standing area will be cordened off from the seated... with all access points manned by security personal.
    It has to be this way for crowd control reasons.
    In other words.... not a hope!

Anyone know from experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

My mum just won tickets(standing) wants seated ones. There's one catch though, the note accompanying them said she may be asked for photo ID. I looked at the tickets the only difference between them and regular ones is it says "comp" under the "cash" bit.

Could these be swooped and the person get in ok with them?

I do not want *ANY* PMs reguarding this, I won't reply so don't bother(that includes offering me €500 for them as my parents are against that sort of thing). I am not agreeing to swop with the OP of this thread. Maybe if they were good seats and my mum agreed first something could be arranged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

My mum just won tickets(standing) wants seated ones. There's one catch though, the note accompanying them said she may be asked for photo ID. I looked at the tickets the only difference between them and regular ones is it says "comp" under the "cash" bit.

Could these be swaped and the person get in ok with them?

I'm sure anyone would be able to use them, but I only have one Premium seated ticket anyway, so I'm sure that's no good to your mother! Still am interested in peoples views about getting onto the pitch though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Don't be a moron. Don't even think about doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

At a gig this big (80,000 people!) I'd imagine they'll be very strict about not allowing people with seated tickets down on to the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Man, it's always good to know like ten of the stewards :D...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Could these be swooped and the person get in ok with them?

I do not want *ANY* PMs reguarding this, I won't reply so don't bother(that includes offering me €500 for them as my parents are against that sort of thing). I am not agreeing to swop with the OP of this thread. Maybe if they were good seats and my mum agreed first something could be arranged.
    You should be grand, all Comp means is that you didnt have to pay for them. Really, they are exactly the same as any other ticket. Besides, when is the last time you saw a steward actually take a proper look at a ticket? :)

Advertisement