Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin edge 510 elevation

• 26-03-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all, recently bought a garmin edge 510 and have noticed a massive difference in elevation between it and strava android app. Has anyone else had same problem? Which is more accurate, the edge could have 100s m more than strava. Any advice anyone?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Have you somewhere where you know the elevation and could compare. Odds are the Garmin is correct due to more accurate hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

yeah I noticed this for quite a long time now (i've a 510 too)....In the little strava club we had, I would have waaaaay more metres climbed each week compared to the lads using strava on their phones. Same with the wife on her Edge500.
    Reckon the Garmin is correct from looking at some spins over the Sliabh Blooms. Climbs there I think are about 300m and I did them a few times way back when preparing for l'etape....

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/154864575

the hills top out at about 500m max in that area, and the roads don't quite go over the highest points....kind added up so I assumed the Phone App is the one that's off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Never once have I seen the Garmin elevation agree with Strava.

For example, last Sunday's spin had 1,473m indicated by the Garmin but when uploaded to Strava that was revised to 1,311m.

I use an Edge 200 to record my spins.

Advertisement