Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modifying a car

• 20-11-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Well I'm planning on buying a bora . I'm just wondering if I was to do it up ( lip and roof spoiler,alloys,tint Windows and maybe respray - how much would it cost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Conorh123 wrote: »
    Well I'm planning on buying a bora . I'm just wondering if I was to do it up ( lip and roof spoiler,alloys,tint Windows and maybe respray - how much would it cost

To do it properly a lot, to make a mess of a half decent car a few hundred. The choice is yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Del2005 wrote: »
    To do it properly a lot, to make a mess of a half decent car a few hundred. The choice is yours.

so true
    a full respray done correctly costs a lot..... usually over 2k for a car that size...
    Some places will do it for feck all, but it really will be a****e job....

a wrap might be a cheaper option......

the rest.. well how long is a piece of string....
    alloys can cost you a few hundred to a few thousand depending on the ones you want
    spoilers also vary vastly in price....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's loads of boras with all that done already. Just buy one of them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

colm_mcm wrote: »

The ring will be driven out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Forget about a respray just do the rest and it won't cost much if ya get the bits secondhand. To get a proper respray it'll cost more than the car and it's not like there is a shortage of boras just get one with decent paintwork and the jobs a good'n.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

And pay a premium? Buy a minty low mileage one and drive it through Halford and double the value.

Simplez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

And pay a premium? Buy a minty low mileage one and drive it through Halford and double the value.

Simplez

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JamieOS

A proper set of alloys can be expensive. Used might be a good option to keep it cheap. A Respray is likely going to break you, especially if there is any rust. A few touch ups on my A4 cost me about €350. That was only two parts of the roof, the wheel arch and the rear bumper. Most of it had rust (hence why it was getting done).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Set of bora sports won't break the bank and they're a good strong wheel and since they're 16" tyres are cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Buying a clean tidy Bora will be a big challenge. The newest ones are nearly 11 years old at this stage so most of them will have either spent most of their life pulling horseboxes or have claims of having done record lap times on the Nurburgring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The ring will be driven out of them.
    True, still makes more sense than pumping €3500 into a €1500 car and ending up with something that's been done to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

In my experience, 4 times the what you originally budget and about 4 times longer.

It all depends on quality of the kit and the cost of labor.
    3k seems realist to me. Maybe 5k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Should probably add to the discussion, that aftermarket adjustements to the car should be declared to the insurance company. Some don't mind cosmetics, others want a complete parts list. Its worth considering as it will likely increase your premium if you want to cover the cost of the investment.

Advertisement