Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avensis Verso

Options
  • 07-02-2008 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

With baby number three on the way it looks like a seven seater is on the cards. Two child seats and a baby seat will not fit into the back of the wifes passat without a lot of beding and stretching. She quite likes the Avensis Verso, anybody any experience of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

It's a nice enough car, reliable and great for a big family but just don't buy it in black unless you want people blessing themselves as you go by.

Avensis Hearso:

toyota_avensis_1-2_cw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

That picture is of the avensis estate, the verso is a MPV, different body: link to pictures of verso

• Registered Users Posts: 7 elturko

There are a few 5 seater MPV's that will take two child setas and the baby seat. I definitely know the Nissan Tino will, also the Citroen Picasso. Might be worth a look to save a few euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Toyota stopped making the Avensis verso in about 2005 I think - at least you cant get a brand new one.

I have an Avensis estate D4d which I brought in from the UK. The last tweak to the avensis was in June/July '07 which added 6 speed box to the Diesel car.

Its very well speced from a safety point of view, nine airbags, abs, ebd, traction control and vehicle stability program.

2L common rail turbo diesel is the one to get IMHO -- for both power and economy - I get about 48mpg extra urban cycle.

Note: new avensis is planned for early 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Do you really need to go for the Avensis Verso? Would you not look at the Corolla Verso instead?

Big difference would be the boot space when all 3 rows are up, i.e. the Corolla verson has no space:D

Also, the Avensis Verso was not in production for long so it might be difficult to pick up a second hand one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I'm in the same boat actually, well almost, it's baby number 4.

I was thinking more in the line of a Chrysler Voyager diesel. But an Anvesis would be nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I have an Avensis estate D4d which I brought in from the UK

kyote00,
    Mind me asking how much this set you back with price + vrt ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zoemax

Thanks for the info. I think the s-max is the way to go meself but herself refuses to drive anything that looks like a 'van' which in her eyes includes the citroen, renault and the corolla. Methings she is going to have reconsider her objections or stop getting pregnant:D In her world the xc90 is the obvious choice for a three child family but fecked if I'm buying her one of them.

I got an July 07 Avensis Tourer, D4D, 2200miles, ex demo. T2 Spec.

The total import price was 23.3k (euro). this includes vrt (7400), flight, ferry and RAC inspection.

I saved about 5k on what was for sale here...:D

Toyota ireland also honour the pan-european warranty
    kyote00,
    Mind me asking how much this set you back with price + vrt ?

bear in mind that even in the SMAX when you put 7 seats in, you will have no luggage space left....

I went through the permutations and decided an estate was a better option for us than a van (sorry mpv). I hired an Hyundai Tragic (Trajet) and Seat Alhambra for weekends aways to see what they were like....
    The Seat was ok, the Hyundai was awful

zoemax wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I think the s-max is the way to go meself but herself refuses to drive anything that looks like a 'van' which in her eyes includes the citroen, renault and the corolla. Methings she is going to have reconsider her objections or stop getting pregnant:D In her world the xc90 is the obvious choice for a three child family but fecked if I'm buying her one of them.

• Advertisement

kyote00, have you tried getting three child seats in the estate?

yes. but they are wedged in there....:p

Only have two "ankle bitters" ... so didnt really need a mpv. I think if you have more than 2 then an mpv is better for fitting more people with a reasonable amount of personal space each

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Fiat Scudo an idea ? New model doesn't look too bad at all and has and the seats and the luggage space for about 35k new.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

My sis is on her 2nd Avensis Verso. Bullet proof car but from what I've seen the S-Max is a better choice. Even with 7 seats up in the Ford, you get a bit of space and they have a clever section under the floor for extra storage

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Avensis Verso also has clever boot, as spare wheel is stowed up front. S-Max hard to ignore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

We are considering the smax also later in the year once the new VRT/emissions system kicks it. Having researched all the differing choices the smax seemed best. Did very well on safety rating's too which is a key thing for us in our choice.

My sister has had the Avensis Verso since 2003 and she loves it; she was not too happy when she found out she could not get another one so she is just gonna keep on driving the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

What about the Ford Galaxy - loads of space there...

Looked at the mazda 5 today and was suprised at how much we both liked it. Boot is actually ok with all 7 seats in place and price and spec seem good. Might be going in that direction - anyone got one of these?

zoemax wrote: »
    Looked at the mazda 5 today and was suprised at how much we both liked it. Boot is actually ok with all 7 seats in place and price and spec seem good. Might be going in that direction - anyone got one of these?

don't have one but it was a close call between it & the Verso. Only the fact that the Mazda was a new car at the time of looking and couldn't afford one, it would have beaten the Verso. Very nice inside and teh sliding doors are a great idea. If you get one, don't get that green one everyone is getting. It looks good in black

the middle seat in the middle row is tiny in the Mazda, also they've increased the spec on the Luna model Verso since you bought yours Lex, most of what's on yours is now on the Luna (not all of course!)
    The sliding door on the 5 is a great idea.

• Advertisement

I'm still baffled as to why they haven't put cruise control on anything apart from the Sol. Its not even available as an option

Strange one alright. some models can be retro fitted with cruise control parts, never tried it on a Verso. Cruise is very handy.

Advertisement