Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registration Cert

Options
  • 05-02-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Girlfriend bought her car in November from a dealer. Tax was up in December. She still hasn't received her Vehicle Registration Cert, so she can't tax it. Who should she ring about this? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What is the dealer saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

Ring the VRO and ask them if they have received the change of ownership form? My brother bought a car before Christmas too and was waiting for over 8 weeks to get the updated cert back. He was able to get his taxed for 3 months while they were processing it. Think it was posted to the dealer while they were still processing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

I've the same problem! Bought my car in September tax was up november and despite numerous conversations with the dealer I still havent received the certificate. The excuse he is giving is that the cert got lost and he had to apply for a new blah blah blah but surely this doesnt take over 4 months to sort out? Anyone experience this before and how was It resolved? I cant drive my car now for fear of it being siezed by the guards, the guards have told me that its an issue I have to resolve with the dealer but I'm getting nowhere fast with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've the same problem! Bought my car in September tax was up november and despite numerous conversations with the dealer I still havent received the certificate. The excuse he is giving is that the cert got lost and he had to apply for a new blah blah blah but surely this doesnt take over 4 months to sort out? Anyone experience this before and how was It resolved? I cant drive my car now for fear of it being siezed by the guards, the guards have told me that its an issue I have to resolve with the dealer but I'm getting nowhere fast with him.

I'd go in everyday to the dealer, being a right thorn in his side reminding him until it was sorted. If that gets you nowhere maybe a loader than normal but composed conversation in a busy showroom with lots of customers at this time of year might encourage him to get the finger out.

Advertisement