Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

genealogist firm ?

Options
  • 26-07-2014 7:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Im looking to engage the services of a genealogist to help trace the familly tree
    could you recommend the services of a good ,compassionate service

What prices could i expect to pay?

Apolgises for the short post ,i have being meaning to do this for the last few weeks,but only heard yesterday that my funding will be gone if i don't get a start on it

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Hi Dave, dont think we are allowed to recommend businesses in here.
    But most of the contributors to this forum are Genealogy hobbyists and would never use a professional service.
    But you may get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Funding???

Please explain

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Is this about entitlement to a legacy?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Some of us are working genealogists too! The charter forbids linking to businesses but if you google genealogy professionals you'll find links to APGI and the big firm.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

apologizes,i never read the charter!!

Im in awe at the work done for "free" on Boards and wanted to put something back

Funding is wrong word to have used …but i like how your thinking ,legacy etc
    Nothing like that ,only one sister and no wider family ..

Lots of secrets and people disappeared over the last hundred years

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement