Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor E3131 & TP-Link 3420 V2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

does seem strange as I would not expect it to have any bearing on recognising the dongle although it does seem to have an affect on it. Will do a bit more troubleshooting the next time it will not identify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Still can't get it working! :(

After a few issues with recognising the dongle early on I have had no problems.

I have rigged up a dish type thing and container for the dongle and run this through a powered usb extender to the router and constantly get a 4-5 bar signal (still can't get the TP-Link settings screen to show a signal strength) and it hasn't dropped the connection for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bjord

Using a TP-Link 3420 V2 product (latest one that supports HSPA modems) with the E3131 dongle from Meteor.

Best thing is that I can now have loads of internal devices connected. Previously using a Hotshot which only supports 5. Because I had to put Hotshot upstairs to get decent signal, I used a Wifi Extender which took up one of five addresses. Now I can have 100 devices :)

Connected the E3131 to the router using a 3M USB cable so that I could mount the dongle up the wall at point where there is full signal.

Works very well so far. Same problem as earlier noted...cannot see signal strength in Status menu, shows as 0%. However, simply browse to 192.168.1.1, which is the E3131, and you get the normal Hi-Link menu and you can check signal strength. Browsing to 192.168.0.1 brings you to TP-Link admin menu.

Settings and versions are
    Firmware Version:3.13.27 Build 121206 Rel.60215n
    Hardware Version:MR3420 v2 00000000

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭aoife524

Newbie to all this but will my meteor e3131 connect with my MR3220?

Firmware Version:
    3.12.19 Build 110617 Rel.39329n

Hardware Version:
    MR3220 v1 00000000

aoife524 wrote: »
    Newbie to all this but will my meteor e3131 connect with my MR3220?

Firmware Version:
    3.12.19 Build 110617 Rel.39329n

Hardware Version:
    MR3220 v1 00000000

I am assuming you have both so therefore would recommend just trying it out. They can be a bit hit and miss so no real way of telling.

I would recommend that you upgrade to the latest firmware which is available on the tp-link website, I think there have been a couple of upgrades compared to the one you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭aoife524

THE ALM wrote: »
    I am assuming you have both so therefore would recommend just trying it out. They can be a bit hit and miss so no real way of telling.

I would recommend that you upgrade to the latest firmware which is available on the tp-link website, I think there have been a couple of upgrades compared to the one you have.

Thanks for the advice :) have tried it but it didn't work so will try updating the firmware :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hi guys.

I had bought the E3131 modem at the meteor store in Blackrock for my brand new Toshiba laptop yesterday.

Can I ask anybody here is this modem compatible with the 64-bit version of windows 8.1. software as I'm having issues with it's 3G connectivity.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hi again folks.

All I had to do yesterday was to replace the sim card with a new one because the old one I had before was worn out. It worked brilliantly on my new laptop since the new card was put into the modem last night.

Sim cards unfortunately do get worn out after using them for such long periods of time. It is very little hassle to get a new one in the shop now when it does happen though.

Did you get your issue fixed at all OP or is it still causing you trouble?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i bought an O2 branded e3121 and it was picked up fine by the TP-link 3420v2(.3).
    I unlocked it, put in a Tesco sim, set the APN details on the router and dongle manually and once they matched it works perfectly too.
    So far connection has been very stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Hi all, my TP-Link 3420 arrived today. Haven't had any luck connecting my tesco mobile acc on an unlocked E220 I've knocking about here so I'm going to try and pick up a new dongle. Even though tesco mobile isn't on 4G yet once the O2 & 3 networks merge I assume it will be. With that in mind I want to get a 4G modem. Has anyone any experience of what will work, I was thinking of this one. Any suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 slowbb

Hi

So you have a unlocked E220 and Tesco mobile broadband simm, do I have this correct? Is the pin enabled or disabled on the simm.

You have entered/changed the APN settings in your 3420, whats the status of the 3420 connection?

Have you verified the APN settings on Tesco's website?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

slowbb wrote: »
    Hi

So you have a unlocked E220 and Tesco mobile broadband simm, do I have this correct? Is the pin enabled or disabled on the simm.

You have entered/changed the APN settings in your 3420, whats the status of the 3420 connection?

Have you verified the APN settings on Tesco's website?

Regards

Yes to all the above, the 3420 just didn't pick up the E220. In the mean time I got an unlocked E3531 working fine with it. Just have to figure out the public IP address stuff with the tesco mobile setup for remotely connecting to IP cameras. The WAN IP address is showing the E3531 IP address. Bit of a learning curve for me here as I'm new to this, thanks for the help.

Advertisement