Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.IE Domain Question

Options
  • 10-06-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Can you register more then one .ie domain under the same RBN ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭jmcc

SD1990 wrote: »
    Can you register more then one .ie domain under the same RBN ?
    It depends on how closely the domain names resemble the name on the RBN. The cybersquatters EUBROWSER.COM used a particular weakness in IEDR's handling of such multiple applications based on a single RBN. This may have encouraged IEDR to pay more attention to such applications.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yes as long as you provide supporting documentation showing how the new domain relates to your existing company name - (eg. the name of a product you plan to launch etc)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think I was only stopped once from doing this. It was for a project of mine I planned on doing over the summer and put down my own RBN. I could only get it by providing proof - just designed a ****e mockup logo and they accepted it.

Advertisement