Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most exciting thing thats ever happened to you ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

when i was 14 i went to a liverpool match(my first one) and a relation had set up a meeting with the squad for me before the game. a guy came and brought me down to the tunnell and i met them all as the wer gettin off the bus-i was speachless but got some nice photos!...that was a pretty surreal day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

DaveMcG wrote:
    Could these stories be related or is it just my conspiracy theorist side acting up again....???

Thats crazy talk..!

/Batters DaveMcG over the head and drags the lifeless corpse into a black van with government plates...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Running with the bulls in Pamplona.

Seducing a lesbian to bed with me. It was quite some time ago....

best day:- mountain biked down the "road of death" in Bolivia and the unbelievably hot Danish chick that I pulled that night in La Paz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

glasso wrote:
    best day:- mountain biked down the "road of death" in Bolivia

I want to do that!!

Anyways, most exciting thing? Falling in love with a really cool spanish girl at work. When she returned to Barcelona, i was real sad for a week or so. Then I remembered that a guy I know was planning a trip to barcelona, hmmm..... so I gave him a call. I ended up heading over with him and his mates and meeting up with my senorita at a huge street festival at about 2am on a friday night! It was great! Then went back to her apartment and u know... like... *ahem* watched a movie and stuff. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

noblestee wrote:
    Oh really? why did everyone look?
    I honestly don't know, opened my eyes to a whole load of people asking me if i was okay... wobbled off at Tara st. station to a lot of stares and "are you sure you're okay?"

EDIT: I just got what you were getting at there, nice. That story isn't about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Swimming with sharks was an amazing experience.

On safari in Kenya and some pissed off rhinos ready to charge the vans! And also, getting stick in mud beside a pride of lions...

Deep sea snorkelling in Zanzibar was amazing, but I nearly got pulled under the boat and was a bit scary!

Seeing Metallica, live, right up the front of the pit! And all the big flames they had going on for "Fuel".

The first time I went to London.

Falling in love. Awh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Working as an extra in "My boy Jack" or something, TV documentary out soon starring Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter).

Dressed in WW1 Irish Soldier gear, running through a battlefield with explosions going off in the background, blowing soil sky high and covering you & your eyes, running over the fire and trees etc.

Fun time, not my most exciting thing but only thing coming to mind.

Got paid 125e for "12" hours work, not bad considering I was sitting on my ass talking to a mate of mine for the majority of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Most exciting - probably winning a trip to NYC for a few days when I was 18.

Most memorable - the ceiling falling in when I was babysitting one night. Now that I will never forget. Pr!ck never asked me back to babysit after that. Like the ceiling wouldn't have fallen in anyway. Tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

dublindude wrote:
    Sounds silly, but tons of crazy **** has happened to me.

One particular story sticks out in my mind, but it's not something which should be repeated on After Hours!

PS I'm 29, so I prob have a head start over most posters here...

Good yarn, could of used some content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Indeed Rigger, and Dublin Dude, it does indeed sound silly.

Caaarazzzy guy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Blush_01 wrote:

Most memorable - the ceiling falling in when I was babysitting one night. Now that I will never forget. Pr!ck never asked me back to babysit after that. Like the ceiling wouldn't have fallen in anyway. Tosser.

:D Made me laugh lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I've had a bit of a think about this, and I honestly can't think of anything 'exciting' that's happened to me.

I've had things I've enjoyed, things that have scared the living bejesus out of me (parachuting), things I've been incredibly happy for (wife), but that's it. Even during the firefights, I didn't have time to be excited, and it didn't really come up afterwards either.

I've had an interesting life so far, but not particularly exciting, I don't think.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Snorkelling off the Great Barrier Reef
    Backpacking across India
    Snowboarding in Biarritz
    Body surfing off Hawaii
    Powerboating in the Med

That's just a small selection of the exciting things I've never done.
    The list is endless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Running the bulls in Pamplona last July - nothing beats that adrenalin rush, nothing.
    Going off-piste in Austria last February on my second ski holiday.
    Breaking my glasses whilst 2500m up a 3500km mountain and having to ski to the bottom half blind on that same holiday.
    Hang-gliding off the side of a mountain whilst skiing down it in France in 2006.

It's been a good couple of years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i remember i found a gardi's wallet before... straight into o'briens and used his i.d to buy me some fun.... them kids who work there need to go to spec-savers :)

thought i recall when i had to valet a Ferrari ( by valet , i mean look like i actually done something )... was 11 at the time and made 50 euro :)

what a steal imo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I played a game of pool against Ronie Woods in a night club one night and won

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sleepy wrote:
    Running the bulls in Pamplona last July - nothing beats that adrenalin rush, nothing.
    What about being administered with a massive dose of adrenalin? That would definitely beat it.

Pigheads most exciting moment came when he realised that the pain in the belly he got after his first **** was a total coincidence and wasn't a punishment for being bold. Many happy days ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Blush_01 wrote:

You brought it down on yourself.

Groans!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I played a game of pool against Ronie Woods in a night club one night and won
    So you beat an 87 year old man in a game of pool and you think its the most exciting thing thats happened to you. Whats second on your list? Beating Twink in a 100 metre sprint?

Its time to raise the bar babes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ClauClau

Rhyme wrote:
    Fainted on a train and most of the carriage got up to look. I was a celebrity.

;)

Happened me too, cept someone threw water over me. In Italy, it was hot.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I once went outside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I once went outside...

I didnt think the guy who found a euro could be topped, but i think we have a winner here...! ****in awesome!
    S.I.R wrote:
    i remember i found a gardi's wallet before... straight into o'briens and used his i.d to buy me some fun.

What can guards buy that a regular person cant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Orange69 wrote:
    What can guards buy that a regular person cant?

Especially in a sandwich bar. Maybe they get extra filling

Advertisement