Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most exciting thing thats ever happened to you ?

Options
  • 08-10-2007 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

My life is pretty dull and boring at the moment - its seems to be all work and no play and I was thinking - whats the most exciting thing that has ever happened to other people ?
    Maybe something that came out of the blue ? Or just a generally exciting time in your life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I kicked Brian Lenihan up the arse when he was visiting cork once...

I was about 9 at the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Falling in love in the college library when i was 19. I watched him every night for weeks and then he asked me out. Felt like fireworks when he smiled at me. It was amazing. It was 9 years ago. I'm not a stalker BTW! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Too many to mention!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I was at a do in the Leinster House,all kinds of bigwigs there.Gave a presentation on air transport in the 2020's which was very well received.
    Plenty of fillet steak, red wine, onions,pepper sauce, french fries and rich
    dessert followed by brandy/port all of which The Flutt ingested with much aplomb.

Down to the jacks and unloaded the sweetest smoothest darkest well shaped turd of my life,nothing but net... bam gone.... pull the handle.swoooooccccch
    gone but not forgotten....

Very sweet moment in my life.Good plumbing is hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I just crapped blood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Last year I joined the mile high club, would've been better if I wasn't flying solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Spades

cazzy wrote:
    My life is pretty dull and boring at the moment - its seems to be all work and no play and I was thinking - whats the most exciting thing that has ever happened to other people ?
    Maybe something that came out of the blue ? Or just a generally exciting time in your life.

Your ma:D

Being voted to a position by 1598 people was kinda cool. Not sure if I'd call it exciting though.

As far as heart-beating-quickly-ness is concerned, probably when I went to a rave in some random quarry in Kildare a few years ago. Myself and my mate were drinking outside Harcourt St. Garda Station (classy, I know!) when we got the call that it was on, so we hopped in a taxi and made our way there. Getting home was another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

DonJose wrote:
    Last year I joined the mile high club, would've been better if I wasn't flying solo.

Actually Don, that is known as the mile I club.

For my own part, I once had a threesome with a stripper and a gymnast :D

I know. :D And I took pictures :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Myth wrote:
    Being voted to a position by 1598 people was kinda cool. Not sure if I'd call it exciting though.

and you did an excellent job with the milk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I found a euro once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Myth wrote:
    . Myself and my mate were drinking outside Harcourt St. Garda Station (classy, I know!) when we got the call that it was on, so we hopped in a taxi and made our way there. Getting home was another story.
    Why pay for a Taxi when the guards can give you a lift there, since they would be going there as well!:eek: They could give you a lift home too or at best B&B at tax payers expense with personal service included. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Falling in love in the college library when i was 19. I watched him every night for weeks and then he asked me out. Felt like fireworks when he smiled at me. It was amazing. It was 9 years ago. I'm not a stalker BTW! :)

Similar to mine :) except it was somebody I worked with. We're still together now, but that whole period was an amazing time in my life.

ntlbell wrote:
    and you did an excellent job with the milk!

Sure did. Pity about the UHT milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Sounds silly, but tons of crazy **** has happened to me.

One particular story sticks out in my mind, but it's not something which should be repeated on After Hours!

PS I'm 29, so I prob have a head start over most posters here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

dublindude wrote:
    One particular story sticks out in my mind, but it's not something which should be repeated on After Hours!

Is it about that time you lost a euro?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

cazzy wrote:
    Maybe something that came out of the blue ?
    You called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Was it his Mullet and ability to make explosive devices from household objects that stole your heart :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

MooseJam wrote:
    I found a euro once
    Orange69 wrote:
    Is it about that time you lost a euro?

Could these stories be related or is it just my conspiracy theorist side acting up again....???

Nothing exciting ever happens to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Fainted on a train and most of the carriage got up to look. I was a celebrity.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Sailed on a tallship in hurricane force winds. Kinda takes the breath away :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A lot of things, this weekend it was winning the team event in the international poker open. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

honestly nearly wet myself (which would have been a bad thing in a car I was supposed to be valeting) 'drying' a 360 spider by driving it around the block in vancouver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

1988 - My first time under fire. By the end of the tour we'd five lads killed, the excitement died too.

1992 - Being present at the birth of my son.

1995 - Being present at the birth of my daughter.

2007 - Febuary. The view of Manhattan from the Taxi first time I visited NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Traveling through Kerala on the step of a train.
    Snowboarding in Argentier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Aaaaw best thing ever! I was 8yrs old....in Disneyland Paris with my family, amazing scorcher of a day...breeze through the hair...packed park mid-june/july....parade had just begun in the castle....sipping on my ice cream watchin mickey n mini n donald n co stroll by...then! boom! Two girls come up to me and ask me to come into the parade alongside mickey n mini (out of thousands of others...me!) now, been 8 I thought this was like meeting Bill Clinton or watever! Aaaaw the memories as I was dressed up as a clown n chased the spectators with fairy dust....good times...

Another one...Semi-Final of an All Ireland Basketball Tournament... 2 points down with 9 seconds to go....we thought our dreams were shattered then once again boom! From the 3 pointer line I throw that baby into the air n score! Aw what a feeling as I stood there listening to the 3 second count down....got us to the All-Ireland--Final..not many can say that.... ;)

The best tho would defo have to be teaching handicapped orphans in Vietnam...savage! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

A lot of things, this weekend it was winning the team event in the international poker open. :)

Jaysis were you in the RDS? i was there

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I signed up to boards.ie one day.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Rhyme wrote:
    Fainted on a train and most of the carriage got up to look. I was a celebrity.

;)

Oh really? why did everyone look?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055139404&referrerid=&highlight=fainting+dart

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

irishbird wrote:
    Jaysis were you in the RDS? i was there
    Yes, I was playing in the RDS.

Advertisement