Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difficult Decision

• 10-10-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

I've just been looking at the news and the following story came up:

There was a mixup in the hospital in Checkoslovakia, and 10 months later it was discovered that two babies had accidently been swapped, mothers shared the same first name, thus the mixup.

The parents have decided to exchange babies when they reach the ripe old age of one.

Personally, I'd rather not wait an extra two months, I'd prefer to get it over and done with for the child's sake more than anything.

So if you have been raising a baby for 10 months would you give it up for your biological child and would you prefer to wait the extra two months?

(Apolgies for the awful wording, heading out for an interview :D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Why do they want to wait the extra 2 months? Is there some reason for it?

Your about 14 years behind the times......Czechoslovakia is no more.

Any know any Slovak's in the South of Ireland actualy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You should be able to give the baby back to the hospital until it's 5 years old. I don't like this "Caveat emptor" business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As long as they kept the receipt, I don't see a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I know of one Slovak in Ireland she's going out with a good friend of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Moonbaby wrote:

I know a few but im in dublin, you might want to check in Region>South forums

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Can they swap back at any time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

seems they want to do it slowly, so there is time to adjust

heres a link with pictures of the mother and babies, so which mother would you prefer, and which is the ugly baby?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/21618/After-10-months-mums-told-You-ve-got-the-wrong-babies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Moonbaby wrote:
    Your about 14 years behind the times......Czechoslovakia is no more.

I know one, she's a great girl.

Edit: Just had a look at the link, it says both mothers had noticed their (wrong) daughter looked nothing like them, when the right mother and baby are together you can definitely see the resemblance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

eolhc wrote:

heres a link with pictures of the mother and babies, so which mother would you prefer, and which is the ugly baby?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/21618/After-10-months-mums-told-You-ve-got-the-wrong-babies

I reckon it must have been the one on the right that got the dna test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

eolhc wrote:

The mother on the RIGHT is a MILF :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Surely the most wise solution is the "Double Solomon". This involves bisecting both babies, allowing a mix'n'match arrangement to be adopted, thus allowing the ideal combination to be found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The mother on the RIGHT is a MILF :)

+1! I'd say the other father is wishing he could swap wives too... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

+1! I'd say the other father is wishing he could swap wives too... ;)

He's now got an ugly wife along with a ugly child :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Rob_l wrote:
    I reckon it must have been the one on the right that got the dna test

yes, seems thats true, the mother was sick of jokes being made because the baby was blonde and the parents dark haired :eek:
    video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm no expert, but the child on the left looks way older than the one on the right. That girl on the left is 10 months :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭event

ah, id check if the other one was better behaved, otherwise id keep the one ye have sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's not that difficult a decision. Definitely the one on the right.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

eolhc wrote:

I'd go for the mother on the right. She's a fine piece of ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The-Rigger wrote:
    I'm no expert, but the child on the left looks way older than the one on the right. That girl on the left is 10 months :confused:

Yeah, that child looks about two. And her eyes are very close together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

He's now got an ugly wife along with a ugly child :):)

:D I LOL'ed at that. See you in hell. ;)

Advertisement