Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got any change ?

Options
  • 10-10-2007 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

What a muppet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7036098.stm

"A man who handed over a counterfeit million-dollar bill to a cashier at a Pittsburgh supermarket and asked for change has been arrested"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

:D that's hilarious

fair over reaction though, he'd surely have been taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

...dude......
    serously.......

I laughed though, but when you think about it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He will have been arrested for criminal damage, not the forged bill. You can't forge a bill that doesn't exist.

As for investigating where it came from, I have a couple of hundred of them at home from a batch we used as a promotion, so I'd say there's plenty of sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

nipplenuts wrote:
    He will have been arrested for criminal damage, not the forged bill. You can't forge a bill that doesn't exist.

As for investigating where it came from, I have a couple of hundred of them at home from a batch we used as a promotion, so I'd say there's plenty of sources.

The did charge him with forgery. Muppets.
    And they said the bill came from a promotion by a Dallas religious ministry. WTF?
    "Come join our cult and we'll give you a million dollars!"

If this bloke has any sense he'll sue that ministry saying they tricked him. Worked for the McDonalds bird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Oh God Oh God Oh God

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

"HE REACHED FOR A SCANNER GUN" :D

Must have been a smack head;:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Haha. Some plebs just take things too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Was in Hawaii recently, I seen those 1million dollar bills, they were being given out by some ministry lads.

Usual American over reaction.

Advertisement