Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap tablet

• 29-09-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I am trying to help some one get a cheap tablet. mostly he wants it for reading pdf files and email light surfing. no games. Is the processor or memory important for pdf files

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What's the budget? There's a 10" one in DID for €129.99 if you don't want to buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

GoTab are a handy little brand for the money.. think DID sell them or get them online

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

zerks wrote: »
    What's the budget? There's a 10" one in DID for €129.99 if you don't want to buy online.
    less than 100 euro, is that reasonable. mostly for pdf reading

Not a kindle as that is locked to amazon as far as i know. he has a lot of legit out of copyright stuff in pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

DID have a 9" tablet for €99 but if you can stretch to the other one I mentioned do as it has a dual core processor instead of the single core one in the 9".

They have a 7" for about €70 afaik,only 512mb ram though.

zerks wrote: »
    DID have a 9" tablet for €99 but if you can stretch to the other one I mentioned do as it has a dual core processor instead of the single core one in the 9".

They have a 7" for about €70 afaik,only 512mb ram though.
    how would those affect pdf display

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

i just bought an acer iconia from argos they are 105euro and so far excellant. i only need it for pdf, email etc too but it gos beyond that with what it can do.

PucaMama wrote: »
    i just bought an acer iconia from argos they are 105euro and so far excellant. i only need it for pdf, email etc too but it gos beyond that with what it can do.
    which one? can youb link it thanks whats the screen like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

alyssum wrote: »
    which one? can youb link it thanks whats the screen like?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8141318/Trail/searchtext%3EACER+ICONIA.htm

That's it I think its great screen very bright and clear

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Too

Bought a hp slate 7inch recently. Cost me 100 sterling. It's decent enough. Sound could be better but it has 11 hours battery and a micro SD card slot (5quid for 8GB card) so great for films etc.

Advertisement