Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2.2 OTA update within the next two weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Looks like Android 2.2 for Desire will be in Q3...I assume Q3 is July - September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I take it noone here has got 2.2 ota yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

I got my desire on a bill pay contract with Meteor. It doesn't seem to have any Meteor branding or apps on it. Does this mean I'll get the 2.2 update over the air as soon as its available? I'm new to Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

raeGten wrote: »
    I got my desire on a bill pay contract with Meteor. It doesn't seem to have any Meteor branding or apps on it. Does this mean I'll get the 2.2 update over the air as soon as its available? I'm new to Android.

Should do. It's HTC's release of their version we're all waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

JohnK wrote: »
    I take it noone here has got 2.2 ota yet?

Nope,nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well Q3 doesnt start till tomorrow....

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well Q3 doesnt start till tomorrow....

That's for the Desire. I'm waiting on the OTA for Nexus One which was released this week.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

Nothing here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

M450 wrote: »
    Sounds good.

I was trying to watch the world cup on RTE's site earlier in the week and found out it wouldn't work. Full Flash will surely fix that so hopefully it's sooner rather than later or all the matches will be over! haha

I'm running 2.2 on my Nexus and RTE's flash stream runs great on it, very impressed! When did RTE change to using flash for live stuff btw? So glad the days of WMV/RealPlayer streams are over, what a pile of ****e!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This is interesting

"Recently we reported that Google's big focus with Gingerbread was to overhaul the user interface and to provide an iPhone-like feel. Killing off the need for MotoBlur and HTC Sense would be one of the end results."

It Would really put the release dates in googles hands and decrese fragmentation to a certain degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Just got the update. Battery is too low at the moment to do the install despite the phone being plugged in. Hopefully it'll sort out my Bluetooth issue?? Anyway nice to finally have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Just got the update. Battery is too low at the moment to do the install despite the phone being plugged in. Hopefully it'll sort out my Bluetooth issue?? Anyway nice to finally have it.

Really? On a desire or Nexus One?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Are you sure thats not the 2.1 update 1?

Have they actually released the final 2.2 yet? I thought it was supposed to be FRF85B or something like that but the link in Aristotle's post is now refering to FRF91. wtf's going on?

EPM wrote: »
    Really? On a desire or Nexus One?

Nexus One
    Are you sure thats not the 2.1 update 1?
    Eh, yeh, I'm Sure!:D Currently running Froyo 2.2 FRF91
    Have they actually released the final 2.2 yet? I thought it was supposed to be FRF85B or something like that but the link in Aristotle's post is now refering to FRF91. wtf's going on?

Turned the phone on about an hour ago, got a notification that an update was available but that the battery needed to charge. Once the battery got to 25% the notification, while always being in the status bar, popped up again saying that it was ready to install. Hit the install and the phone rebooted. It showed the little picture of the Android character outside of a box with the yellow arrow pointing to him. Those of you who manually updated in the past will be familiar with that. It then went to the loading animation where the pixels/spark type thingies fly in, to form the big coloured X. That takes a little longer than a normal boot up but then it just starts as per normal, i.e PIN and then homescreen.

On a side note I'm very relieved to find it sorted out my bluetooth.:)

So did you manually apply a first update or something to be getting these notifications? And if you dont mind me asking, when did you get your nexus? I'm still on 2.1 on a nexus bought in Jan so I'm getting bloody impatient for 2.2 :D

I did update to FRF50 when it leaked but I highly doubt it had anything to do with FRF91 being pushed to me today. I got the phone in March and got the 2.1 - 1 update for pinch to zoom when I registered the phone. So I'm guessing my phone was no different from yours when I got it. As far as I know there's no criteria for getting the update. I think it's just a matter of luck and rather annoyingly being patient.:rolleyes:

Damn, I was hoping it'd be linked to when the phone was bought/registered :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Anyone else get this yet? Still waiting for it on my Nexus.
    A friend of mine got it early yesterday on his.

• Advertisement

No sign of it here yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Just got an update notification - phone upgrading atm.

EDIT: Phone now upgraded to FRF91 - think it was on FRF83

zing wrote: »
    Just got an update notification - phone upgrading atm.
    Checked for updates when I saw your post and it's updating :D

got the update this morning too!

Were any of you on 2.1 to start with or had you used one of the 2.2 betas?

I was on 2.1 and had used no betas.
    Epilepsy inducing torch app ftw :P

Just did a checkin and thought it grabbed the update for me when I saw a extra icon in the notification bar but it was just a bloody update to yelp.

I want my damn Froyo!!!!!

Just did a checkin and thought it grabbed the update for me when I saw a extra icon in the notification bar but it was just a bloody update to yelp.

I want my damn Froyo!!!!!

I just done a Checkin and it had the update to FRF91 :). I was running FRF83.

Were any of you on 2.1 to start with or had you used one of the 2.2 betas?

was on stock 2.1, no betas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

updated to android 2.1 on my hero yesterday , loving the new update.

Advertisement