Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Brady

• 30-06-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just wondering who is going to replace Brady on the panel on RTE Sport?
    Has anybody got any ideas, I hope that "shifty eyes" cunigham doesn't get the job or wehlan. Somebody new has gotta fill the role imo!
    what do you guys think?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i'd be happy with Souness myself. hate him as a manger but he's a decent enough pundit and has enough arguments with Eamo to be an adequate replacement

Souness maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

i'd be happy with Souness myself. hate him as a manger but he's a decent enough pundit and has enough arguments with Eamo to be an adequate replacement
    Id agree with that, seems the obvious choice really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd like it to be Souness too (heh, on here he's linked with nearly every managers job that comes up, now this too :D)

I wonder what his contract with TheSunTV is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Terry Venables would provide some provocation for Dunphy, which is basically what the RTE punditry boils down to these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Thought Ronnie Whelan beat him to it because he was dressed better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Souness for champ league and Whelan for Ireland and epl highlights i would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hopefully not Souness or Houhton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

miriam o' callaghan?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

souness alright but not wehlan, the most annoying pundit ever!:mad:

• Advertisement

scholes19 wrote: »
    souness alright but not wehlan, the most annoying pundit ever!:mad:

Yeah, that Dublin/Scouse mix accent is very irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd prefer Souness if he's available because Ronnie seems a bit too 'tippy-tappy' for my liking but I can't see Souey doing Ireland games.

I wonder could they not try and get someone new on board. I always thought Denis Irwin was good but I guess he can't do it with his MUTV involvement now. Maybe they could try nabbing Kevin Moran from TV3?

Gonna miss Liam Brady though and the way he'd RAISE HIS VOICE AT CERTAIN MOMENTS BILL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive lost me BISCUIT THERE BILL!

Hope its not Cunningham whos eyebrow movements give me nightmares. Souness is the choice but he works with Sky aswell sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I like Souey, so Souey for me. He speaks alot of sense much more so then on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I always thought Denis Irwin was good but I guess he can't do it with his MUTV involvement now.
    Yeah what happened there. I remember him being decent during WC2002. The behind the scenes footage of the panel going nuts when Ireland scored showed he's as much of a fan as any other Joe Soap. He also got into a few arguments with Dunphy AFAIR. Or maybe it was Gilsey. Hmm that could have been the reason. If Whelan man'ed up and stuck up for his opinions which are usually fairly accurate he'd be good.

Kevin moran
    Dave O leary
    Pakie bonner
    what do you guys think of these candidates!
    They'd be good on apres match any way

Packie Bonner is as wooden as a wooden thing on the woodenest day of the year. So no.

Dave O'Leary :eek: Just, no.

Moran maybe.

i reckon DOL could do a job! He grew up around the corner from Gilesy so id say there would be a bitt banter there.(auld lad lived on the samestreet betwen dol and gilesy) The whole "things were different in our day, kids have too many things to entertain themselves" might throw up a few stories!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i think they should just get barry murphy in, straight replacment and then they could keep "brady" on the show!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jamie Redknapp.

• Advertisement

Jamie Redknapp.

And Garth Crookes.

Let Eamo loose on them for once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Jamie Redknapp.

LOL Jamie and Eamo what a combination. Dunphy would have him in his pocket.

Dunphy: 'Bill, Scolari's an oul' codger.

Jamie: 'I fink Eamon's sooooo right Bill. Scolari is an oul codger. He's not like say Arsene Wenger.'

Dunphy: 'Ah he's another oul codger.'

Jamie: 'That's right. That's a good point actually.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

DesF wrote: »
    And Garth Crookes.

Let Eamo loose on them for once and for all.

Eamo and Jaime Redknapp in a studio together would be absolutely brilliant!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Nice for Eamo to have a reunion with Jack Charlton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

personally can't stand Souness
    He seems to be biased against Celtic players. eg. Poland v Germany when he claimed Boruc was overrated. I guarantee if he was a Rangers player he would be lauding him as one of the best in the world
    Don't really mind Ronnie Whelan. I say, get the Apres Match lads in, and have 2 Eamons, 2 Bills, and 2 Johnnies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Souness from the current roster. Is there any chance they'd get Martin O'Neill? Or Gordon Strachan? They have a bit of passion and intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Ron Atkinson ftw!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Get Deco in there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Fat Dolan or Desailly(he is the black Dunphy)

I think it would be hilarious if Eamo and fat Pat were on the same panel. On Sellotanta Dolan is constantly taking jibes at Dunphy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement