Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parenthood

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://tvline.com/2013/07/28/parenthood-season-5-jurnee-smollett-friday-night-lights-cast/

Another FNL cast members joins and Matt Lauria's Ryan is back for season 5 too as is Ray Romano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

How's everyone enjoying the season?

I'm liking it quite a bit so far.

Tyson Ritter is working out well as a guest star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yes I'm enjoying it so far.
    Glad
    The election is over and Christina didn't win
    that would have been a bit far fetched.

Also not too keen the way
    they've changed Joel's character, he used to be my favourite but while Julia's not without fault in problems they're having, I think the writers have done the character a disservice

Yeah, while I've warmed to kristina a lot over this season (I used to find her kind of irritating),
    I'm glad she didn't become Mayor. It would have been unrealistic.

The Joel/Julia storyline is interesting because I've always thought they are a very strong couple.
    Joel has a point that he was a stay-at-home dad for much longer than she has been a stay-at-home mother. And she did resign without consulting with him. But you could argue that she was definitely going to be fired anyway, so it was much of a muchness. Joel also didn't have to deal with a newly adopted child going through something very difficult by himself. Julia shouldn't have been rude to Pete (sp?) but Joel knows that Julia is struggling and that there's another guy picking up the emotional slack.

I like the direction they've gone with the recording studio.
    The scene in the last episode where Amber's boyfriend beat the crap out of that band member was disturbing to watch. He wasn't just swatting him away or something, he looked like he was trying to kill him. I'm assuming this will cost the Luncheonette that record deal. I hope Amber doesn't marry him.

Also, Ray Romano is actually pretty good in this. I didn't think he had the chops to be a serious actor but I really like him.

The thing about Joel/Julia is
    that I don't think it's really about him working and her resenting it. I think it's more about she isn't feeling fulfilled, she used to be successful lawyer, could handle things and was in control, but now she's seeing herself as a failure in parenting, despite quite challenging situation and needs some moral support but Joel isn't there for her. He could still be busy at work and support her emotionally but he's choosing to see it as her resenting his career and turning it in to a 'I stayed at home for years and now that I have a career you are behaving like a spoilt brat' thing. Now she was out of order the way she stormed in to his office and the way she spoke to Pete but I don't like the way Joel has become so nasty with her when they used to be so strong.

Sorry about the huge spoiler text!

Really like the Luncheonette story line hope the same as you!

Still find Christna irritating, although I have warmed to her a little bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

If you like Ray Romano in this watch Men of a Certain Age. It's fantastic.

I really disliked him before I saw him in that but enjoy him now.

The final season of Parenthood is three episodes in, if anyone else tends to miss the start of these things like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I love Parenthood and so good to see it wasn't cancelled last year, I think it came close. Will binge s6 ( I think is it at this stage) when it gets near the end.

Everyone enjoying this season?

I like the development they're doing with Zeek.

I think Amber
    is crazy to be be having this baby. It was only, what, a year ago that she had serious issues with alcohol and drugs and nearly died. I don't think she's well-equipped to take care of a baby. It'll be interesting to see what happens there.

The Joel/Julia thing is pretty well-written, I think.

I think the Luncheonette
    is going to fold and Crosby will cheat on Jasmine, unfortunately. It was always an incredibly risky business given the current state of the music industry but Adam pretty much abandoned Crosby and the Luncheonette to open up the school for Max so realistically, it has to fail. I honestly forget he has other children most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Still crying

I'm guessing the last few episodes will be all out tear fests...

I think Hank is brilliant... So glad he's had a very prominent role this season...

That was a tough episode.

Love this show, am waiting til the end to go catch up on the last season. 29th Jan it is

Well, that is a rare thing these days.

6 strong seasons and ending when there was life left in it. Very sorry to see it go but think they made the right decision.

I'll miss this show.

I love this show, will be sorry to see the end of it. I'm 6 eps in of final series so trying to avoid spoilers, should be done by the end of the week.

Have you seen Friday Night lights? I enjoyed that one too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Practically cried the whole way through the episode. Fitting ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

One of the most satisfying endings to a TV show, even if I did bawl my eyes out...

Would've been just as happy seeing it continue a few more years though - the show still had legs. Very underappreciated as a TV show - its gonna be one of those ones that people start discovering on Netflix over the next couple of years, followed by cries of "why was this show cancelled?"

I was a little frustrated by the ending.
    I'm all for things ending on a good note and being tied up nicely. I thought the Friday Night Lights ending was perfect in that regard. Everyone ended on mainly good notes, but nothing too fairy tale.
    Found some of the outcomes for the Braverman clan a bit too implausible and was rolling my eyes at them. Although now I think of it Parenthood was never too realistic anyway given how the Braverman kids always had such amazing opportunities fall in their laps!

Still good though and definitely cried most of the way though. Will miss it.

Advertisement