Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 25th. October 2014 10.05pm

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lapin wrote: »
    I like Donal Og Cusack and admire the man in many ways but I think the manner in which he phrased that question to the Russian deputy was bang out of order. There can have been no other reason for it than to elicit an apparently controversial response.

Why would a hetrosexual harbour homosexual thoughts? And what is so wrong with someone admitting to finding the notion disgusting?

Like it would be ok to find the notion of interracial coupes disgusting...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

efb wrote: »
    Like it would be ok to find the notion of interracial coupes disgusting...

Not at all.

Its just that there are many hetrosexual people who consider sexual acts between same sex couples to be disgusting.

Just as there are many gay men who find the idea of sex with a woman to be repulsive.

I don't have a problem with anyone's opinion but I detest the notion that one group suggests the other's opinion is wrong and tries to alter it or claims to be offended by it.

And I'm just not sure I fully believe the story about "Dickie Harris killed my (six foot tall) boyfriend" when he was seventy years old...

I'd say a good deal of the stories concerning Richard Harris are bullshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I suspect a lot of 'legendary hell-raisers' were actually just painfully boring, like most drunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Looking at the repeat now. Would his accent be a Castlebar accent or a Ballyhaunis accent? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

He's been doing it since God was a woman...

He's been doing it since God was a woman...

Don't be so genderist! ;)

Looking at the repeat now. Would his accent be a Castlebar accent or a Ballyhaunis accent? :confused:

Kiltimagh.

Where all the best gay accents originate. ;)

Kiltimagh.

Where all the best gay accents originate. ;)

Louis would probably agree with you.

Louis would probably agree with you.

And Louise too. (In keeping with the theme of gender balance set down in this thread).

• Advertisement

Not at all.

Its just that there are many hetrosexual people who consider sexual acts between same sex couples to be disgusting.

Just as there are many gay men who find the idea of sex with a woman to be repulsive.

I don't have a problem with anyone's opinion but I detest the notion that one group suggests the other's opinion is wrong and tries to alter it or claims to be offended by it.

I don't know of any gay men that find heterosexual sex disgusting. Its how most people were created.

I don't think its acceptable to label homosexuals or their love making disgusting, I would consider that homophobic

Not at all.

also whats the difference between an option and a notion...

Advertisement