Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrance Scholarships?

Options
  • 24-08-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone!

I just got accepted into BESS in Trinity. My aunt told me that there is some sort of scholarship/bursary awarded to students who get a certain amount of points over the course requirements? I got 565 and the entry points were 510 this year. Does this programme actually exist and would I be elligible for it? Or is this information out of date? I saw a few old articles that mentioned the entrance scholarship but the most recent was 2014 and I couldn't find anything on the trinity website about it. If anyone has any information please let me know 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Aghoney

The Academic Registry web site talks about 150 euro for students who got 560+ at the Leaving Cert. Not sure if it is up to date. As far as I know, it is awarded automatically to all incoming freshmen who qualify.

https://www.tcd.ie/academicregistry/exams/prizes/

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tornados2111

I'm going into second year now and I got above 560.

You get a 150 euro book voucher for the book shop (hogges and figgis) beside trinity

This will happen automatically, you'll get a letter. Don't worry if you don't get it, they are quite slow and iirc they do it about 1 month in to college

I heard you get another one in second year but I'm not sure. They keep cutting down on the prize each year (I know it used to be 300+300 euro). Make sure not to spend all your money on books for college in the first 2 years. Almost everything can be found online for your laptop/tablet and in the library for free. You'll also likely find you won't use them enough to be worth it if you just splash out and buy 5 books.

I'd say buy books for enjoyment if you do read, or leave them for a bit later until you get the hang of college and realise what you need what you dont need.
    Congrats on your points!

Advertisement