Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Word Count

Options
  • 14-08-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

So, I am doing some proof reading for my OH. The thesis is supposed be 20k words and she is nearly 4k words over that, currently trying to cut it down.

I am wondering if the reference numbers throughout the thesis are counted as words, as this would likely knock about 1k off the over-spill.

To be clear, I am not referring to word references, where she is naming sources, I am referring to number reference points throughout the thesis. For example; a reference sample line in the thesis would be "The information, insight and expertise shared by Experts A (3.2.2), B (3.4), C (4.2), D (4.4), E (4.4), along with the literature". The bold part is what I am wondering about. If those are not counted towards the word count, some shaving has been saved. It's due in a couple of days, so hoping this is the case.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Reply is no longer needed. Thesis is now complete. I didn't realise this sub-forum was so dead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

its summer time

Advertisement