Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brands you've never bought or tried...

• 04-07-2015 6:04am

...take the major brands, can anyone here say they've never tried some market leader?

Has anyone gone through life and not bought Coca Cola, a MacDonalds meal, a Nike product...or even Hellmanns Mayonnaise (which judging by the other thread provokes serious brand loyalty).

In over 20 years of shaving, I have never bought Gillette razors. The aversion started because their "the best a man can get" ad campaign was just so cheesy it put me off. It's just always been Wilkinson Sword, with the odd dip into those generic Bic ones when away with no WS available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Barrys Tea. The ads are so patronising and dumb.

galljga1 wrote: »

It didn't darken our door for years, my Dad and his politics.

I'd drink it away myself...but I still wouldn't buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've eaten in MacDonald's but I've never had a MacDonald's meal, possibly because I've never eaten a burger. MacDonald's has been in my town for 16 years but I've never been in there. And I don't think I've ever owned any Nike products. And the reason I've never tasted Hellmann's Mayonnaise, mainly because mayonnaise is Satan's snot.

I don't drink tea or coffee either so obviously I've never tried any of the big hot beverage brands, eg. Lyons, Barry's, Nescafé, Kenco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Future Primitive

X-worx jeans. For obvious reasons

Now you say it, have never bought Wranglers Jeans. It was the big W stitched into the back pockets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was going to mention jeans. I've had Wrangler's but I don't think I've ever worn Levi's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Apple. I just can't do it when you can get better for cheaper. Also their policy of brand new faulty phones is just plainly anti-consumer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I've never used Gillette razors either but then again I've never used any disposable razors. I've always used electric. I've had the same philips since I was 16, still gong strong.

I have never drank any sort of tea or coffee.

Never wore converse runners, I think they're stupid looking yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't like these Warrior/New Balance yanks trying to get a foothold in the European market. Give me British Umbro or Irish O'Neills any day of the week. I'll also wear Reebok considering the firm was founded in Bolton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I've never tried Red Bull. So i've never had wiiings.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I've never tried Red Bull. So i've never had wiiings.

Always Ultra. Can't handle them wings neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've eaten in MacDonald's but I've never had a MacDonald's meal, possibly because I've never eaten a burger. MacDonald's has been in my town for 16 years but I've never been in there. And I don't think I've ever owned any Nike products. And the reason I've never tasted Hellmann's Mayonnaise, mainly because mayonnaise is Satan's snot.

I don't drink tea or coffee either so obviously I've never tried any of the big hot beverage brands, eg. Lyons, Barry's, Nescafé, Kenco.

Your just a feckin weirdo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

I don't like these Warrior/New Balance yanks trying to get a foothold in the European market. Give me British Umbro or Irish O'Neills any day of the week. I'll also wear Reebok considering the firm was founded in Bolton.

Go on my son!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Go on my son!

Wanderers for life son, who are ya, who are ya? :eek::eek::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I'm Irish and I don't do Guinness or U2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Wanderers for life son, who are ya, who are ya? :eek::eek::cool:

I randomly saw the comment you made here a few weeks ago:http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057422697/1/#post95297249

I had nothing to do with whoever used do this on YouTube... But finally I saw something I could do to give my life some meaning... It was a John Hinkley type moment... Kill someone famous like that Garth Brooks tribute act who also Michael T Higgins's GP... Or do this... Either way it would get Pixie Lott to notice me

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Your Superior

At least New Balance manufacture their products in the U.S. And the UK. Rather buy them than Umbro etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

I've never had KFC or Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Never used gillette like some here. Unless they finally send out those free ones they promised :P

Never bought hollister and the likes of that sh1te either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Red bull or pepsi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Russell or Jo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I've never owned a branded piece of clothing or footwear. I always felt that if I pay for the stuff, it shouldn't turn me into a walking advertisement for the company. If they want that, THEY have to pay ME.
    That includes handbags as well. Pretending your logo is a beautiful pattern is just daft.

Other than that - I don't know. I don't think I've consciously stayed away from any branded food. Though I usually find that that's just not worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Hellman's Mayonaise.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

theteal wrote: »
    Apple. I just can't do it when you can get better for cheaper. Also their policy of brand new faulty phones is just plainly anti-consumer.

I've never tried the green ones as they are sour and expensive but I've had the red ones because they are sweet and grow on the tree in the neighbour's garden thus a lot cheaper.

They're so much better than Lyons though. So, so, much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, because I don't think that it's butter.

Dr Pepper, never tried it and I like my fizzy.

No Apple crap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Shenshen wrote: »
    I've never owned a branded piece of clothing or footwear. I always felt that if I pay for the stuff, it shouldn't turn me into a walking advertisement for the company. If they want that, THEY have to pay ME.
    That includes handbags as well. Pretending your logo is a beautiful pattern is just daft.

Other than that - I don't know. I don't think I've consciously stayed away from any branded food. Though I usually find that that's just not worth the money.

You may be overthinking things

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Your Superior

Rolex, Breitling, and Omega watches. I'm sure they are great watches, but as they spend a large fortune on advertising and marketing, which is then added, of course, on to the price of the watch, I feel that you get a mid-range watch for a premium price. I know this isn't true, as they genuinely are good watches, but I still have a mental block about them.

Much prefer Franck Muller, Louis Moinet, and Patek Phillipe, personally.

I've never bought or tried Tampax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I have never owned any Canterbury clothing, as I know I can buy 3 or 4 pairs of pants for what I would spend on 1 of their tracksuit bottoms. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Dominos. Expensive ****e (it may not be ****e but it's bloody expensive). Give me a large chipper margherita for a fiver any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Also I can honestly say I've never purchased Tampax tampons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I've got some bad news for you. If you've ever had tea in a hotel in Munster, you've had Barry's Tea.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Gillette
    Adidas
    Barry's Tea (I've been meaning nagged to try this soon)
    A&F/Hollister etc.

Edit: I did own one Apple product but I don't see myself buying one again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Apple...

Although I acknowledge Apple make great laptops, tablets etc....it doesn't sit well with me to pay over the odds for the brand name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Never tried Head & Shoulders but I'm not too devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

So basically, some of you just go around looking like sh1t, while trying to convince yourselves that there's a good reason for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Five Guys.... But I plan to change that ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I've never bought a glade branded product. I prefer the house to smell like ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I don't think I've ever had Brennan's bread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Heroine and vagina.

Advertisement