Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worse gig youve ever been at

• 26-06-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Watching glastonbury here with the mrs..florance and the machine is depressing the sh!te out of me....

Whats the worst gig/concert youve ever been at

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Stones at Shane, couldnt hear a thang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

Paolo nutini last november-so disappointed.......BUT its very subjective cos a girl near me at the show was losing the plot at how amazing he was so.....its only my humble opinion!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

For disappointment level I'd have to say Pixies.
    For actual awfulness probably Mundy. I've seen him a few times supporting somebody else and he's crud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Specialun wrote: »
    Watching glastonbury here with the mrs..florance and the machine is depressing the sh!te out of me....

thought it was just me. Any time i've heard her stuff on the radio it's been reasonably easy to listen to. On glasto though she sounds tone deaf, and I noticed the same on graham norton show a few weeks back too but had that as a once off.

The lighting is even more annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Watching it too,looks fairly sh1te there alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Had the unfortunate experience of seeing snow patrol at oxygen. Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Guns n Roses in the RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Jeff Wayne war of the world in the O2, the actors routinely missed their cues, the stage was set so high that front row seating meant you couldn't see a single thing - sitting at home listening to it was better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Why does she have to do all the talking between the songs.Just sing the ****ing songs.

She has a complete one trick voice. What passes for talent in hipsterland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Had the unfortunate experience of seeing snow patrol at oxygen. Christ.
    Oh no. My thoughts are with you tonight.

God bless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I wouldn't mind being there right now in fairness.

Worst gig ever was ash at the point in 1997.
    Sh1t band.

most disappointing gig I've ever been to was Eels in Olympia, 2012 or 2013. Saw them in Netherlands couple of years prior and it was one of the best gigs I'd seen. Was really disappointed with the Dublin one though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dragonforce at the Ambassador about 7 years ago - lead singer seemed like he was coked up to the eyeballs and was acting like a complete and utter cnut throughout.

genericguy wrote: »
    Jeff Wayne war of the world in the O2, the actors routinely missed their cues, the stage was set so high that front row seating meant you couldn't see a single thing - sitting at home listening to it was better!
    Leonard Cohen at Kilmainham. Some of the seats were so far to left or right of the stage that you couldn't see most of the musicians and if Lenny stepped back from the mic he was gone too. Spent most of the gig pretending to go the jacks for a proper look. Shocking venue layout, but great git TBH.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Clapton at Malahide. Not the best gig but right at the end I managed to get into the pit and he just started playing the hits and then the PA system went. The band kept playing even though nobody could hear anything. No apologies or refunds for that. Took over 2 hours to get out of the car park then to round it off nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Went to see Iron Maiden a good few years back in Dublin. Absolutely dreadful gig.

Marilyn Manson played as support and was decent, but the only great act of the day was Turbonegro who were amazing as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Dragonforce at the Ambassador about 7 years ago - lead singer seemed like he was coked up to the eyeballs and was acting like a complete and utter cnut throughout.

Had the pleasure of seeing Dragonforce before, they were sloppy as hell, and couldn't really play the songs live. Sounded good on album, but live was a whole other kettle of fish.

I wouldn't mind being there right now in fairness.

Worst gig ever was ash at the point in 1997.
    Sh1t band.
    I think they were a one album band, then the "hits" dried up. I never imagined they'd be good live. Yer man has possibly the worst voice in "rock" music. It's just so weak. Decent on the guitar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Ive switched over to bbc3 for rudimental..lot more get up and go about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

U2 two years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Without the old 'studio magic' button Florence is frankly, a bit sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

GnR in the O2. Absolute waste of money and time, over 2 hours late on stage and came on with a sour face on him. Saying that,they must of had to pay a couple of thousand yo yo's in fines for playing over time.

They were fantastic in the RDS apart from bumblefoot's 20 minute solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Bob Dylan in the O2. It was my second time seeing him and the first time he was class, this time he just didn't bother. He barely picked up a guitar, mumbled incoherently along to his songs and just fúcked off after just over an hour. Plus it was my first time in the O2 since it changed from being The Point which just added to the disappointment. I still idolize him but I wouldn't watch him live if he was playing on my front lawn..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Clapton at Malahide. Not the best gig but right at the end I managed to get into the pit and he just started playing the hits and then the PA system went. The band kept playing even though nobody could hear anything. No apologies or refunds for that. Took over 2 hours to get out of the car park then to round it off nicely.

I was at that too, the weather totally ruined it. Clapton looked like he was just going through the motions. The one good thing for me was the support act Robert Randolph who's music I got into as a result of seeing him that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I really thought this thread was going to be about that East17 gig in The Academy last night with 8 people at it or whatever the story with the photo going around is.

In answer, Slane 2009, not due to any of the acts that day but the organisation, huge queues in, 1.5 hr que every time you want a pint, max of 2 so basically get them and go directly to the back of the queue and drink them while lined up again for the next pint. Great way to spend a day, then sound is terrible and walk for 4+ hours to get out at the end.
    Never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Similar experience at Alkaline Trio in the Academy last time they played here. Singer was off his face and almost fell off stage several times, threw up on himself, and threw his guitar off his shoulder mid song. Could see the frustration in the other two band members as the night went on, and to their credit they managed to pull it up to a passable gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

GnR in the O2. Absolute waste of money and time, over 2 hours late on stage and came on with a sour face on him. Saying that,they must of had to pay a couple of thousand yo yo's in fines for playing over time.

They were fantastic in the RDS apart from bumblefoot's 20 minute solo.

was at that 2010 gig in the o2, dreadful, it was full of people who had no interest in the gig. Went again to see them in 2012 and they were brillent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Meatloaf somewhere, can't even remember where it was, Fundoran maybe. Think he is consistently bad live though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Bob Dylan, hands down. Saw him at the London Feis about 4 years ago. Jesus it was awful. Half the crowd left to go and watch the Saw Doctors in the other tent.

I have to say, Florence is pretty ****e (watching it now). Her range seems very limited...all the songs sound the same.

For me, it has to be Metallica in The Point in 99 I think, underwhelming... until they brought out the Thin Lizzy singers Ma out for some reason...then things got even worse, and they proceded to a do a ****e version of a traditional Irish song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is it cool to hate flo tonight? I think shes alright. My worse was Oasis at the old Lansdowne Rd, no energy or enthusiasm from them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

nm wrote: »
    I really thought this thread was going to be about that East17 gig in The Academy last night with 8 people at it or whatever the story with the photo going around is.

In answer, Slane 2009, not due to any of the acts that day but the organisation, huge queues in, 1.5 hr que every time you want a pint, max of 2 so basically get them and go directly to the back of the queue and drink them while lined up again for the next pint. Great way to spend a day, then sound is terrible and walk for 4+ hours to get out at the end.
    Never again.

Just googled that..20-30 people..haha

brummytom wrote: »
    Bob Dylan, hands down. Saw him at the London Feis about 4 years ago. Jesus it was awful. Half the crowd left to go and watch the Saw Doctors in the other tent.

Seen them a bunch of times, always a great gig, unreal energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

nm wrote: »

Never again.

Isn't that preety much the same for every Slane gig though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

who are these cock heads on now , with the i am an utter cock hats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Meatloaf somewhere, can't even remember where it was, Fundoran maybe. Think he is consistently bad live though.

I saw him in the Oasis, probably around the same time. The good people of Monaghan were firing beer cans at him. Full ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Gnr in the O2.
    Was so excited to see them, as were others with me.
    Axl Rose's behaviour could only be described as that of an absolute knacker.
    Treated the audience with contempt and threw a hissy fit a ten year old would be ashamed of.
    Actually still angry just thinking about it - prick!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    was at that 2010 gig in the o2, dreadful, it was full of people who had no interest in the gig. Went again to see them in 2012 and they were brillent

Didn't even bother in 2012! Heard they regained some respect though.

Wasn't it the 2010 gig in the o2 that Axl claimed to have said that he was going to get a witch doctor for the irish crowd? Or was that a dream? :pac:

The thing that annoyed me the most was the fact that he leaned on the drum riser for the duration when he did decide to come back on-stage. Ignorant fcuk :rolleyes:

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is it cool to hate flo tonight? I think shes alright. My worse was Oasis at the old Lansdowne Rd, no energy or enthusiasm from them at all.
    I thought she was alright before, but seeing her now...na.

I'd prefer a bit of Marina & The Diamonds to be honest, at least she has different sounds.

All Florence's song are bloody miserable and lack much of a melody.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    To be fair, that seems to be about half the audience at any gig I've ever been at. Would prefer to roar ****e to each other than listen to whoever they just paid €20-€150 to see.

ArtyM wrote: »
    Gnr in the O2.
    Was so excited to see them, as were others with me.
    Axl Rose's behaviour could only be described as that of an absolute knacker.
    Treated the audience with contempt and threw a hissy fit a ten year old would be ashamed of.
    Actually still angry just thinking about it - prick!

Did they ever give a refund for that debacle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I saw him in the Oasis, probably around the same time. The good people of Monaghan were firing beer cans at him. Full ones.
    Jesus the Oasis, there's a blast from the past, probably long gone now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Musical tastes really are mad aren't they. I'm not a fan of Florence but have actually enjoyed her performance, thought it buzzed along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I was at a Sigur Ros concert in Dublin recently, I adore the band, was the first time seeing them live.
    Some gob shítes in front of me and my friend got pissed and roared and laughed and were right bastards, split drink on me and song arms around and hit my friend- slightly ruined it for me, those lads were in there late 30s, maybe 40s and acting like such teenagers!
    But apart from them, was brill seeing the band.

Radio 1 and MTV in Derry were a let down.

Just googled that..20-30 people..haha

Yea, bit a classic really, basically playing to an empty room.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    To be fair, that seems to be about half the audience at any gig I've ever been at. Would prefer to roar ****e to each other than listen to whoever they just paid €20-€150 to see.

Or the constant in and out to the bar behaviour you see in the 02. They should close over the doors once the main act begins their set.

Dan_Solo wrote: »

I think he/she means that because we were waiting for over 2 hours, finally came on stage. What was he expecting? A sober crowd? And plus the fact that the sitting people upstairs were forced out the door and not let back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Isn't that preety much the same for every Slane gig though?

Probably, I haven't been back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement