Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harveys Normans 21% off all Windows Vista Laptops and Desktops.

• 30-10-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Got a decent spec laptop tonight in harvey normans in blanchardstown for €550.00 down from €699.

Deal is on over this weekend only.

They also had % off deals on for all satnavs and digital camera's.

worth a look if your thinkin of grabing an early crimbo bargain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,634 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wonder is that a secret sale :rolleyes:

Id bet ya devils_reject your laptop could be gotten cheaper else where.

harvey ****ing Normans are rip off merchants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Got a decent spec laptop tonight in harvey normans in blanchardstown for €550.00 down from €699.

Deal is on over this weekend only.

They also had % off deals on for all satnavs and digital camera's.

worth a look if your thinkin of grabing an early crimbo bargain.

spec of laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wonder if this includes netbooks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 devils_reject

Jeez dont shoot the messenger,,, its a Dual-Core, 4GB Ram, 320 GB HDD , 512Mb ATI radeon card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bugger all netbooks run Vista. Mostly XP, some are on 7.
    Headshot wrote: »
    I wonder is that a secret sale

Id bet ya devils_reject your laptop could be gotten cheaper else where.

harvey ****ing Normans are rip off merchants

Any time I go in I haggle about 10%+ off the value of anything, and that's nearly always equal or less than PC world to start with. Always been good value for me and cos' I'm a returning customer they look after me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 devils_reject

sdonn wrote: »

Any time I go in I haggle about 10%+ off the value of anything, and that's nearly always equal or less than PC world to start with. Always been good value for me and cos' I'm a returning customer they look after me.

I have to say that's always been my experience dealing with them too... tried haggling in a pc world once and the sales person just laughed and looked at me like i was a freak for even asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,634 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sdonn wrote: »
    Bugger all netbooks run Vista. Mostly XP, some are on 7.

yes their prices are high so your able to haggle. Their sales are a joke imo they make up original prices and say your saving like 100 euro in the sale :rolleyes:

do you not find it curious that they seem to have a sale every weekend, that's a bad sign tbh.

No offence but they look after you because they see the the money walking in.

yes their prices are high so your able to haggle. Their sales are a joke imo they make up original prices and say your saving like 100 euro in the sale :rolleyes:

Not in my experience, although my local store is the flagship so maybe it gets different treatment.
    do you not find it curious that they seem to have a sale every weekend, that's a bad sign tbh.

Haven't noticed that either. Even if they do, it's a sign they're trying to compete and they're always courteous and I tend to get value so they get my custom.
    No offence but they look after you because they see the the money walking in.

Yeah but if I get it cheaper than any of the DSG outlets (Currys, PC World and formerly Dixons) which are the only real competition out my way (Swords), then I'm happy. That's what it's all about at the end of the day and if I get better value by haggling and being a repeat customer then I'm happy to do that and get my stuff a little cheaper.

I shop in PC world too, tbh - they have a much wider range but for some things Harvey's is just plain cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Went into Harvey Normans today in Blanch myself (OP you weren't the lad who split grapefruit juice on his laptop like your man who worked there told be about by any chance?:D), anyway got told about the 21% so said I'm come back, went over to PCWorld were every laptop is 20% off Vista laptops along with double price reductions.

Got this ACER for a cracking €400 http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@2078518884.1256953527@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccddadeijlkejfjcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=805907&category_oid=

Orinigal price was over the €600 region.

Stunning price *runs to nearest PCW*

Been on the lookout for something cheapy, have to see if i can pick mysef up a bargain in one or other of these two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Went into Harvey Normans today in Blanch myself (OP you weren't the lad who split grapefruit juice on his laptop like your man who worked there told be about by any chance?:D), anyway got told about the 21% so said I'm come back, went over to PCWorld were every laptop is 20% off Vista laptops along with double price reductions.

Got this ACER for a cracking €400 http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@2078518884.1256953527@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccddadeijlkejfjcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=805907&category_oid=

I bought a dell inspiron with an intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz processor, 4gb ram, 320gb hdd, 256mb graphics card and a better battery for €432 including delivery.

Don't understand why no-one seems to bother with the Dell Outlet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

From that link "Wireless Enabled NO"

Surely not?

Zonda999 wrote: »
    From that link "Wireless Enabled NO"

Surely not?

From the same page
    Furthermore, it has built-in 802.11b/g wireless for Internet access at any WiFi hotspot and a Gigabit Ethernet port for high-speed wired networking.

Stupid DSG making a hash of things as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Was up in the square, pc world up there have a horrid selection of laptops.

20% off crap is still crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Reason there selling them cheap is it costs them 150 euro per laptop to update it to windows seven. so in some cases there still actually making money you just feel like your getting a discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

Reason there selling them cheap is it costs them 150 euro per laptop to update it to windows seven. so in some cases there still actually making money you just feel like your getting a discount

absolute rubbish.

new laptops get sent from the manufacture or supplier with the software installed. its a matter of getting rid of Vista machines as no-one will want them anymore.

its genuine discounts from PC World, Harveys, DID..etc.

q4 laptops are due out so no need for q3 machines with old software. Everyone is making a loss on these Vista machines with these prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Antigone05 wrote: »
    absolute rubbish.

new laptops get sent from the manufacture or supplier with the software installed. its a matter of getting rid of Vista machines as no-one will want them anymore.

its genuine discounts from PC World, Harveys, DID..etc.

q4 laptops are due out so no need for q3 machines with old software. Everyone is making a loss on these Vista machines with these prices.

Yes of course they come from the manufacture unsold vista laptops get sent back and are just updated and sent back to the shops i can assure you off this. Im not implying that the shop update them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Yes of course they come from the manufacture unsold vista laptops get sent back and are just updated and sent back to the shops i can assure you off this. Im not implying that the shop update them.

Rubbish! No PC/Laptop manufacturer accepts old machines to 'update' them and sell them back again. Why are all the electrical retailers selling vista machines and below cost prices at the moment? To get rid of them and free up cash to buy new Windows 7 machines! Because the Sony/Acer/HP etc will NOT be buying them back off the retailers!

Advertisement