Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas

Options
  • 03-07-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi I have suffered with dark circles since I was a child, I'm so sick of them I'm sick of having to wear make up to cover up, it seem to be worst when I'm tired does anyone have an cheaper and effective way to get tone down without constant make up I tried tea bags and cucumber
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

gemmaS6988 wrote: »
    Hi I have suffered with dark circles since I was a child, I'm so sick of them I'm sick of having to wear make up to cover up, it seem to be worst when I'm tired does anyone have an cheaper and effective way to get tone down without constant make up I tried tea bags and cucumber
    Thanks guys.

I used to have dark circles a lot when I was younger, I still do a bit, but when I was about 18 I went to my GP and mentioned it and that I was extremely tired. She did a blood test and it showed I was anemic, which was why I had such dark circles. I was told to take iron tablets.

Maybe see your GP, just in case its one of the reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 gemmaS6988

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I used to have dark circles a lot when I was younger, I still do a bit, but when I was about 18 I went to my GP and mentioned it and that I was extremely tired. She did a blood test and it showed I was anemic, which was why I had such dark circles. I was told to take iron tablets.

Maybe see your GP, just in case its one of the reasons.

Thanks pet I actually had blood tests done and my iron levels are fine. Failed to mention that, it's very annoying hate constantly covering it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks pet I actually had blood tests done and my iron levels are fine. Failed to mention that, it's very annoying hate constantly covering it.

Ok. I know the skin under our eyes is very thin, which is why it always looks darker than the rest of the face. I have to use concealer under my eyes. Its annoying alright!

Ok. I know the skin under our eyes is very thin, which is why it always looks darker than the rest of the face. I have to use concealer under my eyes. Its annoying alright!

Yeah I gone do paranoid ppl would comment and say my god your really dark today or jésus who hit you. :-/ just lately it's bothering me I suppose I will just have to cover all the time :-)

Yeah I gone do paranoid ppl would comment and say my god your really dark today or jésus who hit you. :-/ just lately it's bothering me I suppose I will just have to cover all the time :-)

I used to get comments like that a lot when I was in my teens, it used to drive me mad, and in those days I didn't even wear make-up, nevermind concealer!

I guess the other thing to make sure you do is drink as much water as you can! Easier said than done sometimes, but it is said to work!

I use Rimmel Wake Me up Concealer at the moment, its not bad, its all I can really afford at the moment so its fine for now! I used to use YSL Touche Eclat, but can't afford it anymore! lol
    I also used Benefit Fake Up, which was lovely, but again expensive and in my opinion it didn't last long enough for the price! I use Bare Minerals make-up and I've tried their concealer when the girl was showing me the product I was buying. I haven't bought it, yet, but its quite good as its got caffeine in it and good for dark circles. I just need to splash out for it next time I can afford to!

• Advertisement

I used to get comments like that a lot when I was in my teens, it used to drive me mad, and in those days I didn't even wear make-up, nevermind concealer!

I guess the other thing to make sure you do is drink as much water as you can! Easier said than done sometimes, but it is said to work!

I use Rimmel Wake Me up Concealer at the moment, its not bad, its all I can really afford at the moment so its fine for now! I used to use YSL Touche Eclat, but can't afford it anymore! lol
    I also used Benefit Fake Up, which was lovely, but again expensive and in my opinion it didn't last long enough for the price! I use Bare Minerals make-up and I've tried their concealer when the girl was showing me the product I was buying. I haven't bought it, yet, but its quite good as its got caffeine in it and good for dark circles. I just need to splash out for it next time I can afford to!

Thanks for the advice I'm the same as you can't afford the good stuff anymore, must try and drink more water I used the garnier roll on, thanks so much for listening to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

A lot of people recommend the Maybelline concealer with the sponge on the top for covering dark circles - the palest shade is a little too dark for me so haven't tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mozies

They say to try and drink as much water as possible and get enough sleep. I have the same problem but I find they're like triangles under my eyes. They say they can be hereditary too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

A good concealer probably is the way to go and s good colour corrector underneath. Collection and Maybelline concealers are great on a budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Try and get your hands on a sample of this http://www.face-d.com/portfolio_page/eye-cream/
    I know Lyods Pharmacy stock it..

I use this daily and swear by it for my dark circles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mozies

I've been using Mac concealer and it looks grand when your looking in the mirror and when you look at photos from the same day/night they stick out a mile. How do you ladies apply your concealer? I was doing a triangle just under my eyes it's suppose to catch the light and reflect it off the circles. But clearly it's not working!

Advertisement