Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Penny Bazaar set to return

Options
  • 02-11-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

apparently it's coming back for one day only on Friday the 13th

here's the list of items, taken from another site:

Christmas socks, card games, children’s puzzles, handkerchiefs, money boxes, tea-towels, mugs, notebooks, ties, knickers, key-rings, Christmas chocolates and Christmas Yule logs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gives a new meaning to Penneys... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

What is the Penny Bazaar?? Is it cheap items? Buy 2 get 1 free?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Items for 1c each. Last time it was up to 5 items and only one of each type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

líreacán wrote: »
    What is the Penny Bazaar?? Is it cheap items? Buy 2 get 1 free?

5 items from the list given above, you just have to make a donation of any sort, even a penny, and all the money goes to local charities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Never heard of this before, but im just wondering can you buy your stuff online for this offer, or does it have to be in store??

Couldnt see anything on their offical site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

I work for M&S and have heard nothing whatsoever about this. The last one was to celebrate 125 years in business and was planned months in advance. I'll bet a cookie this doesnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I loved the penny bazaar, I still wear the chain I got with the little penny on it!

I doubt this is happening, it would be well known by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Never heard of this before, but im just wondering can you buy your stuff online for this offer, or does it have to be in store??

Not online, you have to queue (with all the grannies) at a bricks and mortar shop.
    I work for M&S and have heard nothing whatsoever about this. The last one was to celebrate 125 years in business and was planned months in advance. I'll bet a cookie this doesnt happen

But Google knows about it! http://www.harlowherald.co.uk/content/hlwherald/news/story.aspx?brand=HLHOnline&category=NewsHarlow&tBrand=HertsCambsOnline&tCategory=newslatestHLH&itemid=WEED02%20Nov%202009%2010%3A45%3A25%3A280

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ahh brillant..

Penny Bazaar is coming back.

I've been itching to wait in-line for a 1c roll of "My Little Pony" Sellotape!

Watch the cretins of this world queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

sunnyside wrote: »
    dude, that link said all stores of UK.any1 can confirm if it is gonna happening here??:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Think the point is that M&S THINK we are in the UK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

seraphimvc wrote: »
    dude, that link said all stores of UK.any1 can confirm if it is gonna happening here??:pac:

last time it was done in most of, but not all irish stores, I'd assume it to be the same this time too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lexy060204

I can verify that this bazaar is definitely happening - I passed the queue for it in M&S Liffey Valley this morning. I didn't have time to stop but may go back for a look later - is it worth queuing for??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't understand people queueing, the same thing happened last year with a massive line of people there an hour before the shop even opened!

I popped in at 10am and there was no line and loads of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

I was in Drogheda today and it's definitely on, judging by the millions of people at the door. I turned and ran!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

can i have that cookie?

chocolate chip please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

thecons wrote: »
    I was in Drogheda today and it's definitely on, judging by the millions of people at the door. I turned and ran!

Was up there about an hour ago and no sign of it whatsoever. It was hardly all over with any trace of it gone by lunchtime was it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

My mum was in there today got 10 things for 10c but put 5 in the box for canser

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

NOT happening in Cork, Merchants Quay:(

• Advertisement

IRCA wrote: »
    NOT happening in Cork, Merchants Quay:(
    :confused: Yes it did, it lasted until 12.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Bugger - missed it!!! Apologies for the dis-information :(

The staff said there will be another one before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

nc6000 wrote: »
    Was up there about an hour ago and no sign of it whatsoever. It was hardly all over with any trace of it gone by lunchtime was it? :rolleyes:

must have been, i was in drogheda myself at 10 and it was on, queue was around to the wise owl bookshop

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Was loads of stuff in Clonmel and not many people.

Got a childs jigsaw, 5pk male socks, sock in a bag, tea towel and santa stocking for a donation.

Also got 12.5% off vouchers when you spend over 45e and 2 oranges free :D

Advertisement