Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gift bags/ birthday cards

Options
  • 22-06-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi with my kids going to birthday parties practically every week i was looking to buy packs of cards/gift bags? Online or in dublin if poss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Bump. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 louthuser

Not in Dublin, but if you are up North, in Newry you could stock up in The Card Factory. In the next unit to Sainsburys in The Quays Shopping Centre, Newry. They do a 7 for 1 pound deal. Good quality cards & whatever mixture you want fron kids to adult birthday cards to blank, thank-you cards etc. Hope this helps.

louthuser wrote: »
    Not in Dublin, but if you are up North, in Newry you could stock up in The Card Factory. In the next unit to Sainsburys in The Quays Shopping Centre, Newry. They do a 7 for 1 pound deal. Good quality cards & whatever mixture you want fron kids to adult birthday cards to blank, thank-you cards etc. Hope this helps.

Dont be there regularly which is a pity as thats great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭SurferRosa

Mr Price in Blanchardstown do have cards for 59c. If you're near Navan there's a type of discount shop called Boyd's I think where you get a box of about 6/8 cards for 99c. Cards not best quality but I find they're grand form kids.
    If stuck I print cards out online. I just look up "Free printable cards" on Pinterest. I only use gift bags if I have any from myself,husband or kids having received presents in them. Buy wrapping paper in Penneys or anytime I see some on sale. Always re use. If stuck I use brown paper and put stickers on to decorate.
    I know it's stingy,but with 3 kids and one income - have to cut corners somewhere :)

SurferRosa wrote: »
    Mr Price in Blanchardstown do have cards for 59c. If you're near Navan there's a type of discount shop called Boyd's I think where you get a box of about 6/8 cards for 99c. Cards not best quality but I find they're grand form kids.
    If stuck I print cards out online. I just look up "Free printable cards" on Pinterest. I only use gift bags if I have any from myself,husband or kids having received presents in them. Buy wrapping paper in Penneys or anytime I see some on sale. Always re use. If stuck I use brown paper and put stickers on to decorate.
    I know it's stingy,but with 3 kids and one income - have to cut corners somewhere :)

Thanks a mill. The party invites come so often now with three kids in school and their cousins! Will check.out blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭cunstunt

Euro2 shops have a range of kids birthday cards that are 4 for a euro. Decent cards too. They also do gift bags 2 or 3 for €2 I think, depending on size.

cunstunt wrote: »
    Euro2 shops have a range of kids birthday cards that are 4 for a euro. Decent cards too. They also do gift bags 2 or 3 for €2 I think, depending on size.

Thanks. There must be one of these near me!

Advertisement