Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOLIDAYS

Options
  • 24-03-2011 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I work for a dentist in a private practice, as a dental nurse. In September 2010 I started a full time position to cover a maternity leave, until January 2011 where my hours were reduced to 29hrs p/w or 34hrs p/w pending on the week. I do noT have a new written contract but my employers says I've no set hours per week even though the hours are there to work, what does this mean my contract is, does it make me part-time or otherwise? Annual leave etc? Also am I entitled to public holidays , on 17th March 2011 fell on a Thursday and I normally work 7 hrs on this day so does that mean I'm entitled to 7 hrs pay?
    Thanks for taking the time to read my email.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You must have a min amount of working hours, in you case you could say you have a 29 hr contract though you do work uo to 34 hrs. Your holidays are 8 percent of the total hours you have worked. It can happen on mat leave cover that you get paid for soome of these instaed of taking the time. As you usually work thursday you should get 7 hrs pay for st particks. Look up 'the working time directive 1997' all details are in there.

Advertisement