Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee rights regarding working hours

Options
  • 20-03-2011 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I havent worked my contracted start/ finishing times for approx. 5 years, now my employers are trying to force me to, can they does this? I was under the impression that after 1 year and 1 day the hours i have been working become part of my contract. Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

What sort of help do you need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 meggie2209

I want to kwow, having worked the same start and finishing times for more than 1 year and 1 day ( 5 years ), can my employer force me to work my orginal contracted start and finishing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes they can. You can argue implied conditions as you have done the new hours for the last 5 years but unless you have a bargaining chip (like 'well then we will all go out on strike).

Your employer can change your start and finish hours of work and if you refuse they can let they can invalidate your contract as you cannot fulfill what the business needs.

Think about, if people have had their pay cut, your employer can revert to the original contract you signed.

This stands unless you are in the public sector in that case contact your union rep ASAP.

Advertisement