Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops and microphones

Options
  • 16-12-2008 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any notes/recommendations I should use when buying a microphone for a laptop, or does it matter? I've a Samsung Q40, so there is a portal for a mic, but no inbuilt one.

Also, I plan on buying it tomorrow as need it fairly immediately so will more than likely be heading to retailers, if anyone has any recommendations on where to go in North Dub/Drogheda??

Any help greatly appreciated, did a quick Boards search on microphones but it didn't come up with any other threads.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Whats the mic going to be used for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

For talking in to, Skype mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

you can get skype headsets in argos, but to be honest, if your using it for mainly skype, well then any computer mic will do.

it would be different if you were using it for high quality voice recording, but like i said, for normal day to day skype calls and chatting on the net, any mic will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Excellent, thanks for your help! Wasn't sure if any would do, or if I'd need something specific.

Off to find a mic :pac:

Advertisement